Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
MBZ 1982 380SL Signal Red
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick update, added a second row seat for us to be able to go out together as a family. I have a 8 year old and was sitting on the bench when we go out, so now that is solved. This came with seat belts too, so makes it a much safer and comfortable drive. Picture below.
Also, while at it, replaced the rear shocks for the car and also shifted the speakers which were on the bench, to now sit comfortably on the side wall of the second row seats.

Next project is a series of them focused on the front of the car, including the following:
1. Replace the front shocks,
2. Spark plugs,
3. Solve the wobbling gearshift
4. Replace the neutral safe switch as the car doesn't start in P.
5. Replace air filters
6. Replace camshaft gaskets
7. Replace distributor cap and rotors.

Will update once these tasks are completed. Cheers for now!
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Gas Rectangle

·
Registered
1986 560SL,1995 911 Carrera 4, 2021 Alfa Romeo Stelvio QV
399 Posts
Job well done!

I also added the rear seats so that our 6yr old can also enjoy.

I was looking to add the rear speakers soon as well.

Question for you- Are the side panels sturdy enough to support the weight of the speakers? I was thinking of adding a support brackert/ frame onto the backside for the speakers to screw into when I add mine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
MBZ 1982 380SL Signal Red
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Job well done!

I also added the rear seats so that our 6yr old can also enjoy.

I was looking to add the rear speakers soon as well.

Question for you- Are the side panels sturdy enough to support the weight of the speakers? I was thinking of adding a support brackert/ frame onto the backside for the speakers to screw into when I add mine.

Thanks.
The side panels had PVC type plastic mould, so it's hard. It held the speakers well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts