Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 C300 Sport 4Matic and 2003 CLK430 Cabrio
Joined
·
1,919 Posts
Looks good! :thumbsup: I'm not a fan of the black lights. Just my taste.
 

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
Joined
·
6,911 Posts
The-LS said:
I'm not following which part of the grill was painted...
The center horizontal line, but it's still visible and needs to be blackened more .
 

·
Registered
E55
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I just used black tape temporarily to get some opinions before actually painting it, because once its painted i cant go back.Also considering painting horizontal lines black,leaving the outer section as is
 

·
Registered
E55
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will check and let you know but, I must let you know i had to do some mods it was not xeon compatible, that was about 5mths ago i purchased them on ebay may be now they may have xeon compatible ones. type w210 on ebay, also they are a lot of different types the ones with indicater bulbs exposed looks cheep good luck
 

·
Registered
E-ZGO 53 HP., 99 E 430 sport, 04 E55 AMG, 2008 Tahoe LTZ Sold Porsche to Brother
Joined
·
1,906 Posts
The-LS said:
I'm not following which part of the grill was painted...
That is because we need to go back to school.

vertical=up and down
1 a : situated at the highest point : directly overhead or in the zenith b of an aerial photograph : taken with the camera pointing straight down or nearly so
2 a : perpendicular to the plane of the horizon or to a primary axis : UPRIGHT b (1) : located at right angles to the plane of a supporting surface


horizontal=side to side
1 a : of, relating to, or situated near the horizon b : parallel to, in the plane of, or operating in a plane parallel to the horizon or to a baseline : LEVEL <horizontal distance> <a horizontal engine>
2 : relating to, directed toward, or consisting of individuals or entities of similar status or on the same level
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Yacht Master said:
That is because we need to go back to school.

vertical=up and down
1 a : situated at the highest point : directly overhead or in the zenith b of an aerial photograph : taken with the camera pointing straight down or nearly so
2 a : perpendicular to the plane of the horizon or to a primary axis : UPRIGHT b (1) : located at right angles to the plane of a supporting surface


horizontal=side to side
1 a : of, relating to, or situated near the horizon b : parallel to, in the plane of, or operating in a plane parallel to the horizon or to a baseline : LEVEL <horizontal distance> <a horizontal engine>
2 : relating to, directed toward, or consisting of individuals or entities of similar status or on the same level
If Joe explained correctly, the original poster painted/blackened the VERTICAL line of the grill but stated he did the horizontal line. But, regardless of which part he painted/blackened. I can still see all of it perfectly clear, which further threw me off as to which part he was referring to.
 

·
Registered
E55
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok ms professor yacht master, let me give you a little reading lesson this forum clearly states w210 e55 forum, not w211. Its ok to crave a little attention, your pal meen.
 

·
Registered
My Two Left Feet
Joined
·
3,183 Posts
FrankiE55 said:
Here's another one I found in Websters 2007

twat: adjective: Yacht Master
WOW lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
i think you should black out the whole grill... thats IMO...


meen 55 said:
I will check and let you know but, I must let you know i had to do some mods it was not xeon compatible, that was about 5mths ago i purchased them on ebay may be now they may have xeon compatible ones. type w210 on ebay, also they are a lot of different types the ones with indicater bulbs exposed looks cheep good luck
Hey Meen 55, i have those same lights and was also disappointed when i couldnt get an HID kit to fit, i am currently in the process of getting an H1 HID kit so ill let you know...

What bulbs are you running?
 

·
Registered
E55
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thanks for the info arnelcheeze,but i am definately thinking about painting the middle black&leaving the chrome around it.as for the lights, i had to cut that section out at the base of the light to fit the HID KIT.I used the original bulbs but had to do mods for it to fit firm,i would not recommend it
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top