Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday night, I was driving home from picking up some Chinese food. I hit a bump going about 45-50, the car bottomed out, and I cracked my oil pan. Dident realize it until 45 mins later when I went back outside. There was oil all over the floor. Alot of oil. My dad ordered a oil pan for me. It was $400+. Its comming tomorrow.

I put a new radio in. Its a something vox radio. I know this guy who had old radios. Its brand new from the late 80's early 90's. Ill take a picture. I put it in so I can play my iPod in the car.

And about 3 weeks ago, my friend was trying to get into the car. She opened the door and I hit the gas not realizing she was there. She was hanging on to the door, so I hit the breaks so stop and she flew forward bending my door. Theres a huge dent in it now.

I also got a new taillight, fixed my turn signals, and the car starts now with no problem. Its starting to get warm here. I might new injectors though. Not a big deal.

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
2017 Police Interceptor Utility, 2017 Police Interceptor Sedan
7,742 Posts
[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]

I know, it's not nice to laugh at other people's troubles, but your case does seem to be more than a little comical. I believe this defines bad luck!!!

Hey , who am I to talk, the first weekend after I got my mint 280E home I kissed a guardrail at 60mph. Caused over $6000 of damage at retail rates.

Good luck fixing her!!![;)]

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I got all the bad luck out of the car. [:D]

A

·
0 Posts
most likely. my benz-bad-luck happenned the week i replaced the tie-rods, and installed my BILSTEIN HD's. i was in an unfamiliar area of town, during heavy traffic. i was trying to pull out of a parking lot. i saw a gap in the cars, and hit it, pulling into the third lane, in preperation for my upcoming left turn. some ass had removed or smashed the lane ending warnings, so there was no way for me to see in the dusk. (intersection is only like 300 meters away, what kind of idiot engineered this road?) at the last minute, while topping second going about 50, saw a concrete divider coming. there was nothing to do other than try and avoid oncoming cars. i hit the warning flashers while in mid-air, then landing in oncoming traffic and skidding to a stop. scared to death, and pissed. luckily no head on, other wise someone in a civic would have DIED!!!! the shocks were fine, but the balljoints were busted, so i had another 200 dollar bill to buy some used ones in miami, by a huge junkyard. DOESNT BAD LUCK SUCK????

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Looks like you're having some sort of adventure (or misadventure) [:D]

I parked my diesel for now, awaiting my alternator and have it fixed hopefully by tomorrow...

Didn't see my car in 3 days! What did I see when I got back? A twig on the roof (it was garaged), some dirt on the roof and bird poop on the rear windshield. That's ODD...oh well, I just cleaned it off [:D]

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
you didnt need a new radio to use the ipod!

use the tunecast transmitter. these cars are metal, and the recetion is fine. i use an ipod shuffle with a tunecast and i cant tell the difference between it and the aux input in the neon(aside from the whole missing 6 speakers thing heh heh)

im sorry about the bad luck! itll change!

if everyone is telling bad luck stories, im the one that got rear-ended the day after i got my 240! heh heh durned crooked bumper!

i just smile and pretend hes smirking at all those people that want to hit him again thinking "bring it on, mines metal, whats yours?" [;)]

·
Registered
1995 E320 Sportline W124
790 Posts
1985 300CD - 4/3/2005 6:59 PM

Thursday night, I was driving home from picking up some Chinese food. I hit a bump going about 45-50, the car bottomed out, and I cracked my oil pan. Dident realize it until 45 mins later when I went back outside.....

Be careful. Are you sure it was Chinese food? [:D][:D]

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 300CD, 1983 240TD Euro
2,651 Posts
1985 300CD - 4/3/2005 3:59 PM

...My dad ordered a oil pan for me. It was $400+. Its comming tomorrow...]
That's a very expensive oil pan!!! They are around $37 @ performance products...that must include labor...no $400 is still a bit steep. [8D]

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
MBZ300CD - 4/4/2005 12:37 PM

1985 300CD - 4/3/2005 3:59 PM

...My dad ordered a oil pan for me. It was $400+. Its comming tomorrow...]
That's a very expensive oil pan!!! They are around $37 @ performance products...that must include labor...no $400 is still a bit steep. [8D]
I agree, it's too expensive. I think you just need to drain the oil, and then install it right? Or is this a more complicated process? I would also make sure that the oil pump inside is intact, whether the impact was small or not.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dad said it was $400. I got to ask him again. Anyway, he just fixed it and its back on the road. Just got home. Was going 70 on the Highway and everything was good. I missed it for the 3 days I dident have it. Im going to go take some pics while its still nice out.

And I fixed the dent in the door!

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think he was lying to me so I would confess. I dident tell him I did it. I lent the car to one of my dads employees, and he thinks he did it. So he probably thought if he said its alot of money, I would feel sorry for him paying $400 and confess or something. But I dident. Im a bad son. [V]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts