Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recall this scenario (related to my 05) that we discussed in earlier posts

1 - Lock vehicle using keyfob, security system sets OK.
2 - Now, unlock only the tailgate using the keyfob,security system deactivates, tailgate can be opened
3 - Shut tailgate (w/out opening any other doors). Locking system should lock tail gate and rearm the security system, if auto central locking is activated.

Mine seems to be failing Step 3, though central locking is activated.

Well, I talked to the MBUSA techs and they say the system is functioning as designed. The option of locking and rearming the system is just that - an option which my vehicle doesn't have, and likely all 02+ US spec MLs don't have. They did say that vehicles with this option will have two switches on the tailgate inside lock/unlock mechanism. One switch is the safety emergency unlock switch (which all the trucks have) and the other switch is to activate the automatic locking feature which will loack and rearm the security system if the tailgate only is opened using the keyfob. Folks with pre MY02, do you have these switches or are were they just trying to get rid of me?:confused:

·
Registered
2004 CL55
1,525 Posts
man just checked my '99 ml320 (UK) - no second switch/button whatsoever. there is only this sliding switch to prevent openning the tailgate from the inside/outside. that is it..

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
No switch on 99 model, will check our "new" 2001 model later, but don't recall seeing any switch so far.

·
Premium Member
05 500
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's interesting. So the UK 99 doesn't have it

the US versions don't have it, the manual says it should be there, so what the heck type of option was this? I'm now even more confused!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts