Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my self leveling valve replaced, AGAIN. Ride seems to be smoother but still a bit rough and clunky at the back (maybe the valves broken again, again :S)

Mechanic said he's worked on quite a few w140's back when they were in production.

The way he explained it to me (might explain it wrong) is that when the ride drops down it dosent trigger the self leveling, so the oil gets pushed back towards valve and front of the car? Therefore breaking the valve, and he's saying the problem is the struts, and unless we replace the struts the valve will keep breaking.

He's done a good check over the car says its clean, so im guessing clunking isnt the bushing or sway bars. Any ideas on whats going on, would I really need to replace the struts?

·
Premium Member
4,660 Posts
If you disconnect the linkage and manually operate the valve with the car running, does the rear of the car raise and lower properly?

Since you did not continue your original thread, I don't remember the exact problems you were having. Find your original thread and continue it.

Brett

·
Registered
7,356 Posts
are your shocks leaking hydraulic fluid? how is the top mount of the shock doing? what exactly do you mean when you say clunky?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts