Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Up in the mountains snowboarding

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  alexnatt 
#1 ·
32F sunny great new powder on the slopes.
Breezed up at 70mph all the way and a bit icy on the last road to the pass.
No issues with the winter tires on the old W210 wagon.:thumbsup:
The snow bunnies are looking hot for sure today;)

#3 ·
You go up snowboarding and post here? Be sure to check carefully for "loose screws". :D

And I'm just curious: do you have a special tool for use with the snowboard boots? ;)

Have fun and safe travels!

#6 ·
Our boards

have the built in turn special tool tabs to change angles.
Took a break for some biscuits and gravy so I could warm up.
In the midddle of a run my 14yo son asks can we go down to Oregon and go sandboarding next weekend. Sandboarding what will they think of next?:eek:
Enjoy the Sierra's hope you get fresh snow

#11 ·
#15 ·
I don't think "ego" is right word here. Not at least in this section.
It is more "personality" for me.
It is like going to a Pub. Some people seat in the center and make everybody listen to them and laugh from the jokes -the others will seat next to the bathroom door and complain about too much noise, too much traffic and too much wind.
Besides learning good stuff not only about the cars -I found that place fun and relaxing.
To follow up on the signs. ...

Attachments

#17 ·
Ski and Surf the same day???

OL I am off to the Sierras, SoCal got 6 feet!!!!

Yes,,, I do have a roof rack that will hold a surf board in the middle and skis on the edges.

I ski down to the warming lodge and rabbit hunt.............

How far is the beach fro Soll?

Trying not to test the SRS light.

B

#21 ·
in Sierra
.............TEMP (F) WIND NEW SNOW BASE .SURFACE CONDITIONS
BASE ...... 9 .........5-10 ......8". ........44" ...........Powder
SUMMIT ...15 .......10-15 .....11" ........91".............Powder

Still some snow expected on Sunday, so oiler MB will have to go to Church with the wife and I will drive gas guzling Audi Quattro

#22 ·
Sure take a picture for us! If you're up by yourself, ask someone to take a snap of you and post it. I'd love to see a pic of the Sierra Mountains with all that powder!

I've already shown you my ass, but don't believe for one minute that the picture you posted earlier is a true likeness is of your own ass, mine certainly is!

Chow
Unimog.

#23 · (Edited)
9 ' is not much powder for Sierra. Lot is when street names are under the snow and you see only chimneys from 30' tall houses. What is unique the 9' snow drop in one week making all that depth of soft powder.
I've seen a snowboarder who fall from the trail into the stuff and had very hard time to get out of the hole having the snow up to arm pits.
I've been there last Sunday. Small flakes coming down whole day made very good and challenging skiing. Bad part was that with 6500 sold tickets it took us over 2 hr to leave the parking lot and get to the highway. Chains requirements didn't made for fast driving, although my Quattro didn't need them and I used passing lanes accordingly. Made it home at 9:30.
So here is my picture on the lift and the white beard is NOT my natural.
And talking about main topic -the times when women would wear on slopes those tight pants and short jackets are long gone.
I especially paid attention (for the purpose of this forum obviously) and even if there was a women with nice behind there, I couldn't say not seeing much, but sack-shaped, knee-long jackets.

Attachments

#25 ·
SRS - WOW !

Just got back down today, Fantastic up top !!

Sooo, The lodge skiing was great, as usual.

I never use SRS but the car did great in the ice and snow, just put my foot down and the car did the rest. Never got stuck with street tires in d-e-a-p snow.

OK ym here is the first pic.

Also, see the loose nut behind the wheel.

B

Attachments

#26 ·
Well... not too many places can compare to CA. Beautiful day for skiing. Full sun whole day, while still holding cold at the snow level with only about 1 hr when we had slushy spots.
One very good young snowboarder was wearing bikini top. Following her on the slope was

accelerating.
didn't take the camera today >>> sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.