Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C220 & 2005 SLK230
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 C220 with 240,000 miles on it. I purchased it new and have kept up on the services.

I ran out of gas the other day. I walked to a local Shell station purchased a small (new) plastic tank and $2 of gas and walked back to the car. Once I had put the gas in the car started right up. I drove back to the station and put an additional $20 in. I then started to drive home. Once I had driven about 20 miles, the car started to hesitate then stopped running. I got it restarted, it ran poorly then quit again. I had to be towed home.

I got the car started at home and it seemed to run fine so I shut it off and went to bed.

I tried to restart it the next day and got it running but then it sputtered and quit again.

I seemed to have killed the battery (original) trying to restart the car. After replacing the battery I found that the car would not even turn over. All light radio ECT worked, but no starter. I replaced the starter (used $55) and the car now turns over but still does not fire up.

I have added drygas and injector cleaner but without the engine running, this does not help.

Any thoughts as what to try next would be greatly appreciated. I am really behind the [8] on this one!

·
Registered
1996 C36, 1995 S500 Coupe, 1985 190E 2.3
301 Posts
Change the fuel filter. It is probably clogged. Not unusual when you run out of gas. You end up sucking up sediment from the bottom of the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts