Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just been very surprised to find Arnott airsprings/struts on my car from when it was first built, I believe in Mexico by Mercedes Benz. Is Arnott an OEM supplier to Mercedes benz? I was expecting a fancy German or Foreign made product that qould be original to this car, not an American Strut from the factory. Also stay away from Bilstein products they have only a two year warranty on their air struts, even though new parts they are not Lifetime warrantied (limited lifetime), the Arnott company is a limited lifetime warranty and you get three extra years on the warranty depending where you purchase them from, this is a great deal. Be sure to purchase the rebuilt product with the two sensor/relay hook up to match the ADS system for the Airmatic. The new struts are ok but, they bypass the computer and don't shift from Sport to Comfort like as original, but, the rebuilt product does, and the warranty is very much honored by Arnott. I also found out that thanks to someone on the forum that bilstein is made here in USA at their Hamilton, Ohio plant-they are really nice on the phone but, don't deal with the customers only your distributor for warranty claims-too bad, cause I bet it cost them plenty of business-but, they are so huge that I guess us peons are just chump change for them, especially when they need lots of money to promote NASCAR events and such as that, so Happy New Year to one and all, and "keep your ride taken care of and it will take care of you", a very old wise saying from my old man who now walks with the Lord Jesus up in Heaven...before I forgot to mention I needed to ask the group if when the heater is turned on has anyone ever smelled a burning oil smell? seems to only happen when it is on, rather strange indeed nd sort of weird at the least any how thanks for your thoughts and God Bless -Modine 69

1 - 1 of 1 Posts