Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out (see link below) that there exist 15' replicas of the original 14' 'Bundt' design wheels. According to this source, they were manufactured by ATS, Centra and Ronald, but today they are very rare and expensive. <br> <br> I am really interested in these wheels. I would like to get the original 70´s style look on my 1989 SL, and 14' will not fit because brakes are too large. Does any one ever seen these wheels, and were could I find a set for sale? Preferably in Europe, but if shippment from USA would also be a possibility.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Unusual 15-inch "Bundt" style alloys - where can I find a set?

I found a set on ebay the other day when I was looking for rims for my car. I think that they came on the older 6.3 cars, etc.<br> <br> Austin

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are they allready sold? I think they did not come as original for any MB...

If they are not sold, could you please give out the link!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found them, no need to post a link!

16 hours left of auction and they are at US$ 600. Problem is shipping from US to Europe...

·
Registered
E430T + 300SL (W107)
346 Posts
Re:

I just (ten minutes ago) bought a set on ebay.de. Auction started last night with imediate buy price of EUR 65!!!

Now I just hope they will fit my 1989 W107 300SL.
Size is 7 * 15 ET23. I think the offset is quite small for my car, the wheels will come quite far out. Will this be a problem becasue of space, and will it affect handling?

I want to purchase tires with a thin white line. Who make such tires and for what sizes?

I first thought about 205/65-15 or 215/65-15 but since wheels are so wide (7") maybe I should go for 225/60-15?

Any tips how to best "renovate" the wheels to condition like new?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts