Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slid the PCMCIA card and SDHC card into the dash and it says unreadable files on memory card on the display. What does that mean? What format do the songs have to be in? MP3 right? COuld it be because I have them broken up into separate folders?

·
Registered
2009 C63
24 Posts
I dont know where your getting your files from but I had a similar problem and found that if you use Itunes, alot of the files are mp4 which are not compatible with the player. you need to get a converter to convert them to mp3 files. hope its that simple???:thumbsup:
PEACE

·
Registered
1991 300 CE-24
878 Posts
I dont know where your getting your files from but I had a similar problem and found that if you use Itunes, alot of the files are mp4 which are not compatible with the player. you need to get a converter to convert them to mp3 files. hope its that simple???:thumbsup:
PEACE
If that helps, iTunes has a built-in converter that allows you to convert all-non MP3 files into MP3. AFAIR, you will need to select MP3 as your default format, and then you will get an option to convert a song to MP3 once you right-click on it. HTH.

·
Registered
2013 C300 Sport Darth V 3.0
788 Posts
As others have said they have to be MP3's the other thing is the PCMCIA card SDHC compatable?

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ooooook that didn't work. Downloaded a converter and converted all the songs to MP3 format...and when I slid the card into the dash i still get the "Unplayable files" error.

Now what????

·
Registered
2009 C63
24 Posts
What adapter and card are you using?? I have a I.connect from new egg and a 4 gb compact flash and it works great!!! Also Itunes does have a convert feature but not for songs bought on Itunes that are DRM protected you have to convert the
with a third party app. They are working to unlock all their songs so they are DRM free but I don't think they were all done yet.:cool:

·
Registered
2009 C63
24 Posts
sorry for the delay
what brand adapter do you have?? I know some do not work at all, also a lot of people have had problems with the sdhc cards not being compatible with the adapter. Try a different card if you have one or even a smaller GB sometimes does the trick. Dont give up!! :surrender:

·
Registered
08 C350
131 Posts

·
Registered
'09 C300 4matic Sport
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay are you guys ready for the detailed and technical solution I found for the problem?

So after I converted all the songs and re-saved them onto the card that didn't work. So after hours of searching online for a solution i went outside and tried it again...no luck. So I took out the card and blew into the end of the PCMCIA card that connects to the dash...and VOILA! It worked hahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
223.168 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,444 Posts
Can you see all the songs on your 32Gb CF card? I cannot seem to go over 16Gb on mine - whole folders seem to disappear...
I believe you are hitting the maximum number of files limit. On a W221 it was 4000 if I remember right. It could have been more on a W204 as it is later design. The head unit manual should explain this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.