Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Unlocking Issues in the Cold Weather??

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  2006CL600 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever had a simliar problem?? When it is below 32 degrees outside after my car has sat more than 6 hours my key transmitter will not unlock my doors on a 2003 CL 500. The transmitter is brand new so I know that is not the problem, plus the red light lights up whenever I press any button. But, for some reason I have to manually use the key within the transmitter to unlock and open the door, just for the alarm to go off for about 1-2 minutes. After a minute or two of continually pressing the unlock button on the transmitter the alarm finally deactivates where I can then start the car....wierd and I have no idea what the problem could be.

Tired of looking like I'm breaking into my own car every morning :confused:

Thanks Everyone..Happy Holidays!

#2 ·
Mine works in the cold- not sure why yours is freezing up (moisture?). Your alarm will go off when you use the metal key, but if you just get in & start the car it will stop right away. At least you wont wake your neighbors.

#3 ·
same model year, same problem, in all weather conditions

#4 ·
issue is either your handle has a bad transmittor in it or the electronic unit in the headliner for the radio ransceiver is going out. I had to replace mine. Did it without MBZ help. Bought a used one for 150.00. Instead of pulling out the entire head liner I reached in and unscrewed the three screws holding the long unit in place and it slid out and I slid in the new replacement unit and put in the three screws. Snapped the headliner back in place and all my troubles are gone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.