Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent uncle benz to get some body repairs/paint work done late last week. I am hoping to have it all ready to go by end of next week, but we will see how that goes.

I bought the car between Christmas 2006 - New Years, the plan was to buy a cheap car to get to and from school. School is over and the car is still here. The car was very solid when i bought it and in pretty good shape, but the previous owners were not keeping the car up to par.

I purchased the car with what looked like a very slight front end hit, i replaced the front bumper and passenger side turn signal. I did not realize the extent of the damage the car suffered until after. The front end is shifted over to the driver side which gives me FAT poke on the passenger side, but MAD tuck =( on the driver side.

anyways, so far i have done a fair bit to bring the car up to my standards and its slowly getting there.

This is what it looked like the day before i sent it away!

And some fun the night before i sent it to the bodyshop

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
how much is that going to set you back if you dont mind me asking.

and what happened to your rim?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure what its going to set me back yet, im thinking probably around $1500 to $2000 to fix those damaged sections and to paint those damaged sections.

I caught a nail in the tire, so just running the spare. the shop that did my allignment a few weeks ago screwed up and my front tires are bald now, 1000 miles after being installed, so i only have 1 good tire left. When the car is back ill buy a new set.

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Not bad. The car is looking great!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Im not sure what its going to set me back yet, im thinking probably around $1500 to $2000 to fix those damaged sections and to paint those damaged sections.

I caught a nail in the tire, so just running the spare. the shop that did my allignment a few weeks ago screwed up and my front tires are bald now, 1000 miles after being installed, so i only have 1 good tire left. When the car is back ill buy a new set.
For that much you could probably find a better car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't quit on good cars that easily!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update : Unlce is all massaged, now ready for his spray.

I picked it up from metal work today, and its off to the paint shop next.

Here are some photo's i took today, i love driving a car thats stripped.

·
Mercedes
9,043 Posts
I like the lip on those wheels. Are they the 16" wheels found on the early R129's?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No they are not Mercedes wheels. These wheels are made by Lorinser, before mercedes ever made a 16" wheel.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
She is now at the paint shop and i will be picking her up after work on tuesday =)

If i rush i should be able to finish her off just in time for the German Car Fest this on the 29th.

Still have to -

- Paint grille black
- Cut Polish
- New Tires (again)
- Allignment (again)
- New Radiator

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WTF. does no one read ?

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does no one read ? it says im picking it up on tuesday.

·
Registered
81 mercedes-benz 240D 400k (in portugal),97 Mercedes-Benz E36 Amg (dad's car)
330 Posts
i like the rims! those are 16 inches right?! i wana put a 16's on my 240D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, didn't mean to snap, just annoying when 3 people ask the same question in a thread when it was answered the first time. (what kind of wheels are those)

·
Registered
1982 240d, 2007 e350
2,071 Posts
Don't worry we're cool
So what kind of wheels are those? ;)

j/k

1 - 20 of 42 Posts