Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 sl500
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Benzworld is my last option...Some time I bother people over here with my stupid question but please try to understand i am newbie and am very much interested in learning new things.

I brought 300 E Diesel 1996 2 weeks back. runs and drive excellent, no complains about that. yesterday I was looking at the fuse and found a black color vacuum pipe right besides fuse box. not sure where and to what it connects. I am attaching a picture here, I dont think one can see vacuum pipe there but there is other end of the part I am marking on picture. can anybody tell me what is that thing,

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I'm not a diesel guy, so I can't help you specifically. That said, follow it and see where else it goes. That may offer a clue.

Also, much of the diesel stuff didn't change, so check the 124 forum while you're waiting; there were plenty of them before the new chassis.

Good luck!

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Wow thats pretty clean 96 smoker-------how in God's or Allah's name do you make it up and down those WV hills without a turbo charger.

In any event that large black pipe is the main vacuum line that runs from the engine vacuum pump located just to the left of the injection pump. Some of the vacuum is used to supply the R and L vacuum transducers that are apart of the emissions system--------------their's more but you can learn that on your own!!

·
Registered
1998 sl500
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for your reply.could you tell me where to connect it. becous its hanging out right now.

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Hanging out where from the front or rear. If from the front-----look to the left of the injection pump and fit the pipe to the vacuum pump outlet nipple.

I am curious have you run the car like that!!!

·
Registered
1998 sl500
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you look in pics there is an orange pipe connected to somethIng. That's where that black pipe is hanging. Could you tell me what is that part where orange pipe goes. Thanks

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,705 Posts
Can't make what you are talking about on the picture, but the big 3/8" vacuum tubing is brake booster supply. If that would be disconnected, you would definitely tell the problem?
The other small tubing I have in this area is tank vent tube, what originally has a small filter on the end.
I might take a closer look on our diesel when wife brings it back tonight.

·
Registered
1998 sl500
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am talking about samll pipe ofcourse. And I has that filter on right side while I am talking on left side where break oil reservar is located. The black small pipe is hanging with open end and has not connected anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts