Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have problems with these tires? They advertise 80,000 mile or 6 year warranty. <br>
Mine started coming apart at 35,000 miles, belts separated on two of my tires within 10 days. One blew out and the sticky yuck inside the tire is all over the side of the care and tore the fender loose. (RR fender on a 96 Dodge Intrepid) I have two more of these dangerous tires left on my car, they are coming off tomorrow. I would be happy to put a set of Firestone ATF Wilderness on my car to replace these Uniroyal Nailguards. I think the nailguards by Uniroyal are not good in hot climates. They should be selling these in the Yukon Territories or Northern Sibera in the winter. <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I purchased four of these and rotated them every 10,000 km. Last Summer I noticed a shimmy in the front end. Front end checked out OK, as did the alignment. I was left with getting the wheels balanced. Two shops told me the belts seperated and thats with approx 60,000 kms on the tires. I've yet to go to the store I purchased them from, but this will happen shortly as I transfer from Winter to Summer tires (all on seperate rims). Another problem with these babies they are deadly on wet pavement as they tend to slide. Noticed this effect when breaking across raliway crossings smoothed out by rubberized coumpound to alleviate bumps.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased four of these and rotated them every 10,000 km. Last Summer I noticed a shimmy in the front end. Front end checked out OK, as did the alignment. I was left with getting the wheels balanced. Two shops told me the belts seperated and thats with approx 60,000 kms on the tires. I've yet to go to the store I purchased them from, but this will happen shortly as I transfer from Winter to Summer tires (all on seperate rims). Another problem with these babies they are deadly on wet pavement as they tend to slide. Noticed this effect when breaking across railway crossings smoothed out by rubberized compound to alleviate bumps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts