Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
U500 with Unicat camper
962 Posts
My wild guess is the air solenoid for the range shifter is bad. Are there errors stored in the FR and GS parts of the menu on the dash, after trying to shift but before turning it off?
By the way, Atlas in Germany and Atkinson Vos are both selling the transmissions (UG100-8/9.57) with a floor shifter. But it most likely still relies on air shifting for the range shifting.
Iain in Brisbane just put one in his U1250.
Yarr, remember everything on his is 24v - no voltage converter or pair of motorcycle batteries needed. And we both know everything would go wacky if he lacked 24v, not just range shifting.

·
Registered
U500 with Unicat camper
962 Posts
Re manual, I used to use a CD or DVD disk, but now it’s downloaded onto a Microsoft Sync and also on a little “dongle” with a USB male plug sticking out. I wonder if I can email the thing to you? I will look later as to its “size”.
Also it’s a feature on my 2 Star systems, on an old IBM laptop and a Toughbook.

·
Registered
U500 with Unicat camper
962 Posts
The GS (actually all) error codes should be 2 capital letters, like GS, referring to which computer system. Then 5 digits, not 2!!
The “n” in parentheses refers to the computer controlled fixed rpm fast idle switch, which for normal driving should be OFF. I use it rarely for stuff like running my hydraulic generator at 890 rpm for example. When ON the truck is likely undrivable, at least in a normal way. The switch is on the panel between the seats.

·
Registered
U500 with Unicat camper
962 Posts
EPS controller = GS computer? Too bad, I have a spare in a box in my camper’s pantry, cost me ~$200 when Unimog North America had it’s “going out of business” sale. Wouldn’t work in yours. What transmission fluid were you going use?
Do you know about this list?
Go first to page 231.3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts