Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a snorkel to fit a chevy 350 motor (adequate air handling capacity) and happened to see a Unimog on one of the motorcare channels. It has a a great looking snorkel and wonder who the suppliers are for this product. Any info would be appreciated.<br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The snorkel on the Unimog is original equipment from factory. Maybe you saw the Mog on "Trucks" show. Although they said it could ford to cabin depth there is a problem with water in the differentials, axles, etc. Some Mogs, like military units, are equipped with fording kits that route pressurized air into the drivetrain components to give them overpressure and keep water out. Those units can ford way-deep, easily to base of windshield. I have seen pictures of Mog launching lifeboat in ocean surf with almost only windows of cab out of water and water blowing out exhaust stack, and it got back out. <br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
: I have been looking for a snorkel to fit a chevy 350 motor (adequate air handling capacity) and happened to see a Unimog on one of the motorcare channels. It has a a great looking snorkel and wonder who the suppliers are for this product. Any info would be appreciated.<p><br><br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts