Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I finally found one. An afordable fiberglass Scamp trailer to use as the foundation for a camper box.

anyone want to photo chop this onto the back of a 404 hardtop for me. Would be interesting to see how it looks. My feeble brain tells me the rounded shape of the box my work out well with the 404 nose. Chop the trailer in with it facing both forward and backward. Idea at the moment is to set it on backward. Either way I might chop out whichever end faces the cab and modify it some. This way it's a more squared off where it meets the cab. It will remain a seperate box with a large crawl thru. Couple ideas on this at the moment.

I'm heading out of town so more later

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4631404095#description

·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chevysunimog said:
hey Coach,
I still want your box!!!!!

mike in deltona
Your third in line. First two people are me.
1. might hack it up to use the bottom of the box as the mounts for the camper box.
2. If not that I could see using it for storage
3. This your spot.

·
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it home. It has a section in the front that is drop floored. May be an issue may not. Even with out the drop floor it is still taller than the radio box. About 1100 lbs lighter too. Buttttt.... come to find out it actually is not as wide. I might slice her down the middle and add the missing 6" Will have to set her on there for a look see if it's worth that.

·
Registered
1970 404.114
15 Posts
I would have traded my bed in return....
oh well, good luck.
mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts