Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
U10000
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mogler!

Attached you will find the before and after of the frontside front of a U1400 !:)

As we are just in a kind of pre-marketing phase, we just wanted to know your opinion, about our new front mountable to almost all the SBU.

The star and also the Unimog sign is the same and have the same dimension as the UHN Types U4000-U5000.

The first comments here in Germany were:
>makes my Unimog younger,
>looks fresh etc.:thumbsup:

We look forward to read your comments to this question!
Thanks in advance!:wink_2:
Regards
René

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U10000
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price Merex Grill

$$$ ?? € ?
Our price Merex Grill loose EURO 840 net ex Gaggenau

We deliver:

1x Grill ( not painted)
2x Lockers
2x Brackets
1x Grid 160 cm x 33 cm,
28 x selftapping screws
1x Mercedes-Star
1x Unimog Logo

We could also paint and assemble the whole for you:
price EURO 1300 net ex Gaggenau.

Regards:)

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts
Does this grill add space for an intercooler?

C.

·
Registered
Unimog U1300L Year unknown, but it has a Bundesheer rebuild plate dated 96
554 Posts
Is it just me?? Leaving aside the need for one due to larger rads or intercoolers....... the MEREX one looks a bit 'girly'.....the AV one is Brutal Girly, the standard one, looks just right, businesslike and manly.

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,035 Posts
Does this grill add space for an intercooler?

C.
You can see an intercooler in the first pic with a stock grill.

Seems to me a man with electric rad fans doesn't really have a problem fitting an intercooler.

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
First their are two changes to mull thru ones mind in deciding what they like. One is that the grill is body. The other is the shape. To really get a visual to decide what may be best... the OEM "before" version needs to be painted to match the body.

Then one needs to know specs. such as some have mentioned. space it allows for accessories under the hood, is the cooling air flow better, same or worse, will it handle the shiat a mog can have thrown at it. Vibratiions, limbs, trees, Zombies and the likes.

Me I like the AV one though if I could I'ld match the passenger side hood air intake with the driver side. Just helps complete the picture.

·
Registered
U1550L/37 Doka, U1700L/38, Merc 1017A
1,563 Posts

Seems to me a man with electric rad fans doesn't really have a problem fitting an intercooler.
the intercooled mogs have the rad sitting further back to make room. besides the hight issue of the intercooler and the bigger/taller rad, you can intercool your mog with factory parts and still use the regular grill.

however if you have the intercooler in the middle then you do need the shark nose type girl.

·
Registered
'76 1300L,HE351CW,H15P Winches,Konis,Hydraulics,All Gears,10mm Plungers,Aftercooler,Lots of Littles
2,674 Posts

Yea, I can cram it in with the stock grill, but fitting it with some more space will be easier to not make the plumbing too convolute...And I want a nice thick core....

C.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts