Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
ok truktor so i will make another one tomorrow i want it to be right for all this help to me you should have one for free PM you adress and the size you want and i will send you one

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
I must be dense LOL. That Logo never made much sense to me. Oxen.... I get that... the mogs with that logo are the first mogs, and they were sold to the agricultural market.... Oxen- plow animal, Ring in nose, brute beast, whom with out the farm would parish.

The rest of the shape.... never made much since to me till I saw it placed next to the rest of the word.

To me it looks much better in place as a letter in the word than standing out alone. But that's just me.

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I must be dense LOL. That Logo never made much sense to me. Oxen.... I get that... the mogs with that logo are the first mogs, and they were sold to the agricultural market.... Oxen- plow animal, Ring in nose, brute beast, whom with out the farm would parish.

The rest of the shape.... never made much since to me till I saw it placed next to the rest of the word.

To me it looks much better in place as a letter in the word than standing out alone. But that's just me.
yes maybe you are right but as far as i know i think it was the first unimog logo before mb take over but not sure about it and it looks nice as a unimog logo too

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,590 Posts
Nice Work, Jekran. It looks great.

I have a book with a page of UNIMOG logos that were considered but
eventually rejected. I'll try and scan it and post them. It's interesting to look at the rejects...

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
934 Posts
actually i dont know why the bull is or what does it means in a unimog but i allways find these bull mostly on the 411
The Ox head comes from the Boehringer company that built and supplied the UNIMOG before Daimler-Benz took them over.

Your rendition is very cool.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,590 Posts
From what I understand, the UNIMOG "OCHSENKOPF" was created for the
new vehicle while it was being rolled out @ Boehringer, but the design itself
was new, and was not a simple re-assignment of an existing Boehringer logo.

A quirky translation:

"Summer 1950 manufactures Boehringer approximately 600 Unimog, which as brand name a representative ox head with horns in form one " U" made a fuss. For higher numbers of items however large investments are necessary, which Boehringer cannot apply. And in such a way it comes, as it must come: In the autumn 1950 Daimler Benz transfers the whole project including the patents, the developers and the again developed selling. The Unimog moves into its current homeland, in the truck work at that time Gaggenau. Two years later the Unimog S his career, it begins enjoys soon of large popularity with military, later also with civilian customers. It is manufactured, until 1980, the best-seller in Unimog history."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
U1250L DOKA
709 Posts
Trucktor, was that a human translator or somputer based? If it was human...

·
Registered
Unimog 2450L38
1 Posts
Hi,

I know this is along time ago but I thought I'd ask, does anyone produce these for use instead of the star?

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
11,590 Posts
They are available in Germany as stickers, to match the originals, for restoring 411’s etc.

German EBay (EBay.de) is one place to look.

Also buchundbild.de has them for sale on their website - look at UNIMOG AUFKLEBER (UNIMOG STICKER) on the left hand margin. They have the Ox Head, and 3 UNIMOG Script stickers.

They are great people, and they run their business from their home on a hill overlooking Gaggenau (Unless they moved since I visited.)

They are the prime source for English workshop manuals, owner’s manuals, etc.

On EBay they will also show up, and there are metal key chain versions, etc.

Search Unimog Aufkleber , ochsenkopf Unimog, Boehringer Unimog etc.

As Far as a metal Ox Head, of a size to match or replace the Star, I don’t know of any in production, but they could well be out there.

I have one made out of Stainless Steel and sent to me by Jekran, the original poster, and it is a very nice piece.

Having them cut out of stainless sheet would be straightforward for a shop with the proper equipment .

21 - 40 of 40 Posts