Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
i made a unimog logo just to put on the front bumper i want to check with you to see if i done it right
IMG_0790.JPG

·
Registered
1991 1250L Doka Unimog, 2002 ML320
1,187 Posts
Howdy Jekran,
I think they look very nice, but........I should have a set to put on my truck to check the lighting and size. I'm just trying to be helpful.
Chas

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Jekran,
I think they look very nice, but........I should have a set to put on my truck to check the lighting and size. I'm just trying to be helpful.
Chas
if you want i can cut 2 for you the mb star cost 15usd and the unimog bull cost 18usd and there is extra cost for postage the diameter is 150mm about 6inc but i can do them which size you want

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dear guys
i wish some feedback about the unimog bull just to know if i made it right ?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Here are some photos of the "BULL", which is actually an OX .

You'll notice some variations in these images:

The RING in the nose is thicker in one version.

The bottom of the nose is a straight line in one version, one is curved.

Yours looks quite good. I notice that your horns curve up on the bottom edge as they join the head, more than these examples, but that is a trifle.

Attachments

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually i dont know why the bull is or what does it means in a unimog but i allways find these bull mostly on the 411

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes truktor i shoud arrange that now i have a better clear image i will do another one tomorrow when my boss be in the break (my wife)

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Very Nice, Jekran.

There are a couple of very small details, but I don't want to nit-pick your
fine work.

This just happen to part of what I do for my job....if you want my input, I'd be happy to give it. My stuff is nit-picked all of the time, so I am used to looking at the little details before they do....

·
Registered
unimog 406
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Very Nice, Jekran.

There are a couple of very small details, but I don't want to nit-pick your
fine work.

This just happen to part of what I do for my job....if you want my input, I'd be happy to give it. My stuff is nit-picked all of the time, so I am used to looking at the little details before they do....
yes sure i realy appriciate if you tell me what it is cause i some day i go to germany with the truck there will be a lot of experts so i think you know how german pepole are (perfect)

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
OK Jekran,

Well, first of all, I don't think there is a 100% correct version of the ox head in a circle, since that was never the original design. So, you have some creative room there.

As far as your logo as it stands, I would personally look at these details:

1. The rectangular cut-out between the horns should have curved corners
instead of square. This part forms the "U" of UNIMOG. and the originals had
a radius to the inside corners.

2. The nose should also have rounded corners on the outside . You have added the reverse curve to the bottom of the nose, but the outside edges are still squared off. Compare to the RED OX head.

3. Although it is hard to tell without doing an overlay, your head looks to be a tiny bit too narrow, across the "face" of the OX, below the horns. If so, it is very minor. Also, there are variations in what has been shown in Germany, so....

4. The corners at the bottom of the horns, where they meet the head, I would consider adding a small radius there, as see in the RED logo.

5. I would consider making the 3 points where the OX HEAD connects to the circle a little larger. This is just a personal choice, but I think that it might
look a little better if they were beefed up a little, like the large hanging sign.
I'd change the file and look at it before I made a decision; it may be best the way you have it.

Good work. If you don't change anything, you are looking good.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 40 Posts