Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I woud like to build a serious off road 4x4 Unimog but my new shop only has 8 foot high doors.....I know my mistake !!! Is there any model Mog that will go through a 8' high door ? Must be diesel, short wheelbase. When I finish, the cab roof will be the highest pint on the truck.

Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
Better Park Outside

I have to cover mine with a tarp and tie it down.. I don't think you will find one that low.
[:0]

·
Registered
419 Posts
Unimog Model

Paul,

I have a 406 which is a model that fits your description, a 6 cylinder diesel, very short wheel base (one inch shorter than my Porsche) sits on big MPT 81 tires, my shop doors are EXACTLY 8ft and the Mog makes it with a couple of inches to spare, if it is too critical you can air down to make it. If you don’t have an air source you can make a connection to the air tank and use the Mog air supply to air the tires.

Andrew

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,399 Posts
In case you never got a real number...

A hard cab 416 (U1100) with 12.5x20 tires is spec'ed at 2340mm height (92"). Depending on options, they can be higher. Mine has a extended cab roof which raises it another 4"...

Also, tires vary in height. I've seen factory specs on 12.5x20's anywhere from 45" to 49" tall...

keith

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just checking out the forum here and came across this one...a bit old, but I will repsond anyway. I have a 78 406 and an 8' high door. It just sneaks under it with 12.5 x 20's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts