Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to know the diameter in inches or mm of the hood badge (blue laurel with star center) for the Unimog. Can someone assist? Also are they plastic or metal?

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
They are PLASTIC on the new trucks. My metal ones are some type of Pot Metal- not aluminum, with a blue cloisonne field for the wreath.
The White of the star is just paint
The plastic ones for the UHN and such just have blue plastic around the wreath, and the Star is "chrome". I probably have some photos.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Helpful, so they do vary from model to model slightly it seems?
Thanks all.

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,433 Posts
Helpful, so they do vary from model to model slightly it seems?
Thanks all.
I think the key is, the newer the truck, the cheaper the badge.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
Yep, the newer the truck, the cheaper the badge, but I think the price didn't
drop...it probably went up.
I was working at A Porsche Dealership in Newport Beach when the headlight "doors" (chrome trim rings) on the 911 went from chrome plated brass to plastic, and the price went went up then as well...

·
Registered
573 Posts
The A 411 810 0069 badge seen here:

Hood Badge [4118100069] - $17.00 : Eurotruck Importers, Your source for Mercedes-Benz off-road vehicles and spare parts!

has been used since the U411 series and is even a option on the new UHN UNIMOGs.

The new plastic badge that comes stock on the UHN is part number A 638 817 0116 and it lists in Germany for a whopping .17 Euro cents more than the old standard badge.

BTW, the new badge starting with 638 denotes that this badge was originally used on the VITO van.

More than you ever wanted to know...........

-Sean Philyaw

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
A-HA....it IS more expensive !

Sean, Thanks for the info. There might be a 3rd badge in the mix, of the earlier variety...the White of the star is cloisonne as well on that one, before it became paint, and before the paint became chrome plastic. I'll post a thread (go figure...) in a few days.

·
Registered
573 Posts
John,

I've seen the enamel type too, on old MB cars. I've probably seen it on old UNIMOGs too, I just did not pay attention.

The star is white enamel and the outer band is blue enamel. A true piece of artwork.

-Sean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts