Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Unimog Dash socket cord / lamp

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  uni406 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an extension cord and lamp that fits the socket on the dashboard?

#6 ·
There were a variety of lamps that that plugged into that socket. The Smallest is a cad plated clamp-on unit (the socket rotates out to 90 degrees from the clamp), and then on up to a Mini-headlamp size Work light with a larger alligator clamp. Then there are a couple of versions of the caged work lamp. Some Photos.

Peripheral Cable Electrical wiring Electric blue Auto part
Gadget Electrical wiring Cable Gas Audio equipment
Audio equipment Microphone Gadget Cable Gas
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Fender Gas
Automotive lighting Audio equipment Gas Gadget Headlamp
Automotive lighting Headlamp Gas Auto part Composite material
Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Audio equipment Wire
Auto part Cable Metal Wire Automotive exhaust
Automotive lighting Cable Electrical wiring Electrical supply Wire
Light Blue Cable Electric blue Electronic device

#7 ·
Some more photos. The rectangular one in the OD housing with the toggle switch looks like a home made rig to me, but that is a guess.
These show up on Ebay.de, and the German Military surplus dealers are another place to look. They come and go.
The one caged light that is lit up shows a different screw-in plug/socket, but that is an easy switch-over.

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Gas Auto part Cable
Product Automotive lighting Camera accessory Screenshot Audio equipment
Automotive lighting Drinkware Liquid Amber Fluid
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Bicycle part Microphone Cable
Automotive lighting Gas Auto part Audio equipment Wire

#9 ·
Since you have the socket, you can just get a plug and then invent your own solution. There are a lot of LED lights out there that will handle 24 Volts.
The Plugs are pretty standard, but I have seen photos of a 'deep' socket version, where the plunger of the plug is about half again as long. I can't find any photos of that version at the moment, but it is easy to spot.
It may even work in a pinch, but it would be funky because the body of the plug would not seat against the socket.

Attachments

#11 ·
AKA BMW motorcycle heated accessories plug.

#13 ·
Huzzah! Honestly not a bad price. In the US there is this weird idea that the plug is quasi-mystical and only used on BMW bikes and thus MUST be very expensive.

#21 ·
The Mog plug is pretty common through the M-B line.
My '71 280SL has the exact same socket on the engine side of the firewall for a work light

I've been told some John Deere tractors have those plugs int he cab, too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.