Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
03 ML350, 06 SLK55 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has been taking the car out often lately. She mentioned sometimes when she brakes, there is a small orange circle that lights up in the lower left by the tachometer. I don't have a manual for the car, it's a 2000 SLK 230 w/ 40,000 miles.

She said it wasn't the orange triangular traction indicator in the center of the dash. Could it possibly be a brake pad sensor?

· Registered
2000 SLK 230 manual, original owner
227 Posts
I have a 2000 SLK 230, as well. The tach is on the right, and there are indicator lights to the lower right of it. One of these is a circle and is the "ABS malfunction indicator." ABS, BAS, and ESP are switched off with this malfunction. The gas gauge/temp gauge are on the left. To the lower left of that are various indicator lights. One is a round circle which is the "brake pad wear indicator" light. It is just to the left of the "check engine" light. Either way, it sounds brake related. Hope this helps.

--Larry

· Registered
03 ML350, 06 SLK55 AMG
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You're correct. I looked at the dash again, it is actually by the temp guage, not tach. Now I just have to figure out if it was an ABS malfunction or brake pad wear, but I'm betting it's the pad wear since it happens when she uses the brake.

· Registered
08 ml320 cdi,slk 230,01 boxster S,04carrera911,67 GT350mustang,02G500L,96 s600 w140, w210 e55t 2001
1,712 Posts
yup, might be the pad wear, check it by removing the wheels and brake calipers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.