Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i have been curious for a while now what some components are on my car. i dont really know what they do or what their purpose is. here are some pictures, hopefully someone can help me out.

the first picture is just the top of the engine, at the rear, and its a black metal piece that is bolted into the engine with two bolts, but i cant really see what its purpose is. i circled it in red. does it need to be there or can i remove it? what is is supposed to do?

the next item is looking into the air intake in the front bumper. there is a small piece that sticks down into the hole and im not sure what it does. it is on both sides of the bumper, in both intakes. the 3rd picture is the backside of that component from laying under the car looking up. they are circled in red. what does this thing do, and can i remove it? haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
It is hard to tell from the pictures but could the top piece be an attachement point to help with removing the engine?

Aren't the second two pictures of one of the two horns?

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kind of thought that they looked like horns, but i didnt know we had two, thats why i was confused haha. why are they in the air duct?

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
My guess is so that the sound can better get out and forward where it needs to be heard versus getting trapped in the engine compartment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts