Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, not sure if anyone can help me, I got myself a 2003 Vito 108 cdi recently and all is well apart from one thing. Whilst driving on a motorway at 70 mph (ish) I have had a 'bleeping' noise like a warning alarm, yet no lights come on the dashboard and it only lasts for about 5 seconds and then doesn't do it again, this has happened on two seperate occasions now. I have seen that in some cases it is the handbrake alarm thing but as no lights come on the dashboard and the handbrake is not on I am unsure what it can be and can't find anyone who has had the same problem. All the warning lights on the dashboard work so it's not that a bulb has gone or something and that's why no warning lights come on when it beeps. Any help and I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your thoughts. To be honest I haven't got a clue!! I did wonder that myself but can't find anything in the manual about such a thing. I did pull on the handbrake slightly today while driving and it is exactly the same 'beeping' alarm as that. But I know it isn't that problem as the handbrake is most definately not on when I am driving and like I say there are no lights on the dashboard when it happens either. I don't think it is anything major but I would like to know just to put my mind at rest. I guess I will have to take it out onto the motorway again and see if it does it again when doing a certain speed. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
have you got a sounder in the back of the dash, behind the glove box?

some vehicles have one and they can be more sensitive to alarm triggers than the instrument cluster alarm and lights.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hi
I think there have been a few posts on this before, there seems to be a speed warning in some vehicles. My V220 has an alarm that sounds when I hit 75mph I have asked Merc and they don't seem to know anything.
G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts