Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am my 4th bag of filth (last one with absinthe), so its time to risk alienating most of the w140 benzworld community (Republican prez debate a snooze). The post before this on an S600, with 600,000 miles, had almost dashed my hopes of finding an S600 carcass. But a poster there seemed to thing that AMGs would not make that kind of mileage.

Rebuilt engine for merc 300SD is $19,000. I've been making plans for OM606 if mine croaks.

I am thinking a better plan is an AMG carcass. Diesels already go for $2000 more than gas W140s. So slap a used OM606 (<$2k) in an AMG W140 carcas and instead of a diesel w140 worth $2000 more than a gasser, maybe it would be worth $4000 more. What diesel buyer would not cough up an extra two grand for an AMG diesel!

Of course with an AMG badge I might have to get intel on water injection for the turbo and other performance enhancing tweaks. I think 250 hp and up is possible.

And of course I would run the beast on WVO. My mind is fantasizing about crop dusting the public at large with such a WVO beast! I think the car would have to be supped up as much as possible so everyone gets a good dusting of french fry fumes.

If that was not enough to provoke gasser w140 members, then I'll say that all carcasses should get the OM606. Diesel W140s inherit the earth! (Of course except for those pesky S600s ready to make it to 500,000 miles.)

Yes, you read write. AMG carcass --> OM606 engine --> supe up engine --> then wvo conversion (deluxe conversion of course.) Smell the future!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The dream continues

S420, but lwb! Pic shows V12.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OM606 in an AMG carcas

What on Earth are you talking about?
The car in the video has had a diesel engine put in it. My dream would be to put the OM606 diesel engine in a top of the line long body AMG... and then run it on vegetable oil. It would be the ultimate vegoil car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I love my diesel trucks ( Ford dually, 7.3 Navistar, and currently a 6.6 litre Duramax). When you can get one of them to purr like my 600, we can talk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts