Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
none
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the filter. It is the one that goes under the passenger side dash, or at least I believe it does. Is it simply a few screws to remove, pull and replace? Or is there something more. Thanks!

As an aside.....how does one turn on the headlight wiper blades? Just curious, as I must have missed it in the owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,886 Posts
I have the filter. It is the one that goes under the passenger side dash, or at least I believe it does. Is it simply a few screws to remove, pull and replace? Or is there something more. Thanks!

As an aside.....how does one turn on the headlight wiper blades? Just curious, as I must have missed it in the owner's manual.

Hi,

Sorry I don't have any info on the filter however from what I've experienced and read so far the headlight wipers are are controlled by a combination of the headlights being on and the windscreen washer being used.

·
3phase-4pole
4,841 Posts
headlight wipers are are controlled by a combination of the headlights being on and the windscreen washer being used.
you got it.

tried it for once just for the hell of it.

and I believe it was the first time it was activated since the car was new since black water came out of the washers for a good 2 seconds before clear water came out

·
Registered
1999 S500 GRAND EDITION (32,800 Miles)
269 Posts
This should solve your underdash filter problem.

Removal and Installation ::

1 Turn latches (2) on recirculating air filter housing in passenger foot well 90° counterclockwise (open). To close during Installation, turn 90° clockwise.
2 Remove cover with recirculating air filter towards bottom.
3 Open recirculating air housing.
4 Remove recirculating air filter.

NOTE : The recirculating air filter cannot be cleaned, it always must be replaced.

5 Installation is in the reverse sequence.

·
Registered
1999 S600 98K miles, 1994 E320 Cabriolet 13K, 2012 GLK 24K
239 Posts
Latches on later 140's?

On my 1997 there are no longer latches to turn - you have to slip a screwdriver up each slot and release two plastic catches that keep it closed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts