Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SL550, 2011 GL550
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 S320. long story short, car was hit from behind, left-side tail light got busted. during the fixing, i saw that there's a black & red vacuum line running from the back left side fender. anyone know where this goes to? when i close the trunk, the trunk tightens up and then i hear the air spew out from that line.

any help appreciated.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
When the pump closes either a door or trunk it resets the diaphrams and that is the hiss you hear. There was some discussion about purging the system so no moisture remains. There should be a little foam filter on it

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
1996 S320. long story short, car was hit from behind, left-side tail light got busted. during the fixing, i saw that there's a black & red vacuum line running from the back left side fender. anyone know where this goes to? when i close the trunk, the trunk tightens up and then i hear the air spew out from that line.

any help appreciated.
As Peter says, there should be a small filter on the end of it. It is simply a pump exhaust line and is hooked up to nothing. The hiss is simply the pump venting pressure after it has finished its closing job. I don't know why they bother running this line all the way to the point inside the fender.

Brett

1 - 5 of 5 Posts