Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 W123 300D Turbo; 1994 W202 C280; 2005 W203 C230; 1984 W126 300SD
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!
I've been cruising the forums trying to answer a question about my vacuum holding tank (in the trunk) in my '83 300D Turbo. Is there a vacuum line that directly feeds this holding tank that starts in the engine area (at main line from vac pump via the dual vac valve)? Or does it get its supply from the door unlock/lock vac circuit?
Thanks for all the great insight!
Chris Racine

·
Registered
'82 300D
1,279 Posts
IF you look under the hood, you should see a yellow 3 port check valve. 2 ports on one side, the other single port connected to the main vacuum line. The yellow w/grey stripe connects to one of the ports and runs to the vacuum keeper. The solid yellow runs to the divers door, connects to the driver door vacuum switch, which then feeds the yellow/green and the yellow/red.

The yellow check valve is supposed to allow vacuum to flow from the vacuum keeper to the locks only when the car is shut off. When running, the lock and the keeper get vacuum from the vacuum pump on the engine.

Karugs, what you describe is possible, since the last consumer is the trunk lid. The right rear door is the last in the cabin, then the split goes to the fuel door, then the trunk lid pods.

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
I just realized, I forgot which way the vacuum lines from the central locking install into the actuator base. Anybody? :eek:

RRGrassi, I know that all 4 doors' lock pins should go down easily but I wonder which one of them receives the last input to lock the door?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts