Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This spring my lease is up on my 99 M3. I am considering two cars -- the C32 or the 540i. The one benefit of the 540i is the manual transmission. I am afraid of getting bored with only two pedals (especially on the track!).<br>
<br>
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Get the 540i.

The new c class seems to be a girls car (no offense to any guys with the new c class.) Have you ever seen guys driving the new beetle? That's what it looks like with the new c. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. The 540i is comparable to the new c32 only if you get the 6 speed transmission. The BMW and the Benz are both nice cars (at least your not getting a lexus) and whichever one you get will be fine. But I've been in my friend's 2001 540i w/sport package (I drive a 97' c230 and I don't know how to drive stick) and the car is incredible. I didn't expect it to perform as good as it did. Test drive the benz and beemer, would you rather have a v8 or a supercharged v6 that looks like a mazda something. W203z...don't respond to my message! I don't want hate mail! <p>hst-4398-w.sm4-5.reshall.calpoly.edu

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to http://personal.lig.bellsouth.net/lig/9/9/996 to see what c32 owners have...

...experienced at the track..awesome stuff. Don't even consider the 540.<p>wks-65-27-100-174.kscable.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't listen to these guys Kirk...They probably own c32z!

Look at the interior of the 540 and compare it to the cheap plastic interior of the AMG discrace. Just an opinion.<p>hst-4398-w.sm4-5.reshall.calpoly.edu

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a '97 M3/4 (and have put on lots of track miles), and after selling it have been test-driving everything under the sun that fits the following profile: 4-door, RDW, sports sedan. 540i Sport, 6sp or auto, was a fat pig. A test drive in the STS lasted 1 block. Loved the S4, but with a 6 speed there was not enough knee room to heel and toe and the steering was a bit lite compared to the E36M3. A6 2.7t was okay, but the steering feel was way overboosted (can be fixed). <br> Drove a '01 GS430 and considered it briefly. Nice car, but felt a bit too heavy and too civilized for me. The wife loved it though.<br> <br> I looked at a C43 and a C36, drove both, and am in the process of purchasing a '99 C36, which my SO hates. She thinks the M3 was more 'civilized.' The new C32 should address that issue, but I am paying cash for mine and will not spend that kind of $$$.<br> <br> If you are getting a new car, go and drive everything you are considering. And no, you will not be bored with two pedals - F1 cars are pretty much two-pedal cars.<br> <br> Best regards,<br> GMK<br> <p>

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sepehr

sepher lets make a deal 1.you cant post any thing else until you sell your piece of shit c230 and get a real car 2. you cant post until you know something about cars 3. stop trying to make your piece of shit car into a c43 and embarrass amg and your self. your car sucks, a car is what is under the hood not rims or bodykits or interior so just shut up. got it sepehr thanks pal!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts