Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read most of the opinions on whether or not to DIY the oil change. Most were apreciated. (cost vs time), (warranty updates), etc. However, I would still like to know where the oil drain plug is on a 2008 C300. Yes, I am aware that an oil extractor is easier. Of all the posts here, none that I've found answered the oil plug question. I have been under the car, taken the plastic pans off and searched. (Found an oil leak at the rear of the metal oil reservoir pan) Still cannot ID the drain plug. I will probably get my next oil change free when the MB dealer fixes the oil leak.

So, for this OCD guy, where exactly is the oil drain plug.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
You should find it from the lower (separate) oil pan part (at the rear of the oil pan), at the very front/left of this lower oil pan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there appears to be two (2) seperate oil pans. One upper aluminum and a lower black thin metal. The lower black one is the one that is leaking on my car. However, I cannot see a plug (drain bolt) on this pan... all I see are the flange bolts.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Yes, there appears to be two (2) seperate oil pans. One upper aluminum and a lower black thin metal. The lower black one is the one that is leaking on my car. However, I cannot see a plug (drain bolt) on this pan... all I see are the flange bolts.
You cannot locate a plug like in the attached figure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts