Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Mercedes 300E, 106500 original miles
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the old fuses for my tail lights today. Of course I have a weird issue. When I put in new fuses, the lights stay on, even when the car is turned off. So, I had to remove the fuses in order for the light to not stay lit. Any idea why this happens? My front left turn signal stays on with the fuse is in too. :confused:

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,977 Posts
Are you sure you put the light knob in the (0) off position?
If you rotate the switch all the way to the left it will put the left side of the car lights (front and rear) On and the second position from the left will put the right side On.

If you are sure you put the switch in the off position then I would guess the switch is bad.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you sure you put the light knob in the (0) off position?
If you rotate the switch all the way to the left it will put the left side of the car lights (front and rear) On and the second position from the left will put the right side On.

If you are sure you put the switch in the off position then I would guess the switch is bad.
Nvrmd. I wiggled it a bit and it worked. Thank you! Still learning something new with the car everyday. :D

·
Registered
Depends on the week
3,726 Posts
The headlight knob.
When you turn it to the right, 1 or 2 clicks, it will light up one side of the car. German way of saying which side of the road they're on I think.

Are you using copper fuses? The right amperage? Will the lights go back to normal when you put the old fuses back in place?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The headlight knob.
When you turn it to the right, 1 or 2 clicks, it will light up one side of the car. German way of saying which side of the road they're on I think.

Are you using copper fuses? The right amperage? Will the lights go back to normal when you put the old fuses back in place?
I wiggled the switch a bit, and got it to work. Yes, these were extra fuses from the Mercedes fuse-kit. Thank you. :]

·
Registered
W124 400E, W126 500SE
971 Posts
The headlight knob.
You leave one side on when you leave the car somewhere alongside the road. It can then be seen in dark. You turn on the side facing the street... US versions don't have it? I consider it a neato feature...

·
Registered
'94 E320 Coupe W124 (RIP) - '75 280S W116 - '11 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6-Spd (DD)
988 Posts
The headlight knob.

They're called one-sided parking lights. duh :p

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,977 Posts
You leave one side on when you leave the car somewhere alongside the road. It can then be seen in dark. You turn on the side facing the street... US versions don't have it? I consider it a neato feature...
Both of my Mercedes have this option, and I think all the mercedes cars here in the US also have this option.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,685 Posts
hamada wins the prize.. All have the "parking" feature with the front/back, left/right parking lights being illuminated. The feature only works if the car is turned off. As far as I know, that feature is the only electric function that will work when the car is off. The intent is to illuminate the "street side" of a parked car.

Jayare

·
Registered
2000 e320 4matic
3,401 Posts
+1 to jayare. it helps on narrow streets in old europe...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts