·
Registered
2006 C230 WZ
257 Posts
Exekious - 2/10/2005 2:36 PM

http://www.ultimaterally.com/

Anyone going to participate in this? This sounds like a job for an AMG. [}:)]

Do you think this is real?
I think it might be a huge hoax. They "only" want ypu to pay 30,000 USD upfront to participate.

Now, if it is real, it definetly is the experience of a life time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah it is real allright.
you can finnd loads of videos on internet about it it's usuallu called cumbaal rally
last year they wnet thru finland on high ways roughly 180 miles/hour and no cops could touch them.
it was all over the finnish news.
ferraris, lamborghinis,bmw,mb's you name it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
THIS IS A HOAX!

BEWARE!

I have spoken personally with "Kim" aka Kimble via e-mail, as well as over the phone. I probed him to find out just how realistic this event was.

For no reason other than "I think you are a good guy, and I want to give you a shot at the one million dollars", the guy offered to lower my entry fee to $7500 USD. At first I thought this was just a nice gesture, but then I found out there were a LOT of other people who had him give them the exact same offer.

How can you create an event, where there is a one million dollars prize purse, if you're going to lower the entry fee for so many of the people involved.

I was also concerned with the timeline and manner in which he wanted me to transfer him $7500. He wanted it immediately, and offered NO contract, WHAT-SO-EVER, not even one SHRED of proof that I was going to compete in the rally, nor that the rally even existed.

He has been dragging this scheme out for SO long, and has been acting EXTREMELY unprofessional throughout the entire build-up of this supposed rally.

I would bet my own 2005 R1 that the Ultimate Rally is nothing more than a hoax, and if it ever actually DOES get off the ground, the conditions will change DRASTICALLY, and the prize purse will be no where near what it's supposed to be.

Every clip that you see is from the Gumball 3000, and possibly a few from the Cannonball Run. The Ultimate Rally has never actually happened, and it's important that rumors like the one posted above me are stopped. There IS NO Ultimate Rally, there never HAS been an Ultimate Rally, and there probably never WILL BE an Ultimate Rally.

But don't take my word for it, do a little research for yourself, and find out some information about "Kimble" (the organizer). He's already admitted to Insider Trading, and has been linked to various other illegal acts such as scams etc.

Ultimate Rally is nothing more than Kimble's newest attempt at scamming the good people of the world, and unfortunately, wealthy automotive enthusiasts this time. I for one won't stand for it, and will do everything in my power to let people know what I do, so they don't get scammed.

Just try ASKING this guy for proof, some sort of LEGALLY BINDING documentation that you will get your money back, or that there really will be a race. You won't get anything.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
I've heard about the 'Ultimate Rally' about 1.5 years ago. It still hasn't happened and your post just enriches my thoughts about it. Kim Schmitz has indeed been involved in multiple scams, mostly using the internet.
I have been watching the Gumball rally for a few years now, and I think it's great entertainment! This year I went to see them arriving in Acoz, Belgium. Really impressive to see all those million-dollar cars go by a few inches away.

·
Registered
G58K, E55TK
177 Posts
Kim just posted a few days ago that it's not happening this year and he's refunding everyone's money[xx(]. I've spent some time with this guy on Gumball and heard enough about him through doing several rallies and knowing the organizers. I can't believe that he could ever pull off the UR. I'm not sure that it's a hoax, but I definitely don't trust the guy.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
silversurfer, did you participate in the gumball rally?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just reading the registration should clue anyone this is too good to be true, for all they are offering there is not enough money, if everybody paid the full fee that should leave one million to take care of the race, I am not going to put pencil and paper to it but for instance to fly one hundred cars by plane round trip, with insurance from all over the world to an unknown destination will just about suck up all the available cheese if not more, with the few coins left they will take care of the logistics, helicopter, jets, swanky party, a replacement super car if you break down, electronics, personnel, salaries, bla, bla, bla, bla, how on earth can anyone fall for it.

Their web site has deep colors but is devoid of facts and information as a blank piece of paper, conveniently located in the other side of the world, a few names with an Email address, very impressive, a little better presentation than a Nigerian scam.

For the looks of it seems like they only invested a little time on the computer, a bonafide enterprise will give the facts for you to decide, like where, how long, when, our sponsor are: Instead off our drivers are scouting places right now and..........
I could be wrong but I doubt it
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your information: We are not organizing this event to profit from your payment.
All your funds will be used to make this the most exciting experience for you.
We plan to recoup our investment with sponsors and the marketing of our movie.
Space is limited to 100 cars. Early registration gives you these advantages:
Register by June 1st, 2005 and save USD 3,000!
Prepayment is just USD 15,000 per car if you register by June 1st.
The Driver's Package contains:
Participation in the exciting Ultimate Rally: A one week car rally.
Over 3.000 miles to go - 4 checkpoints before reaching the finish.
Total prize money of USD 2.000.000 for the winners.
Car transportation by cargo planes to the event and back - including insurance.
The car has to be ready for pickup at least one week before the event.
Driver transportation by airplane to the event and back home.
The super car replacement insurance: If your car breaks down during the event or you have an accident, just get to the next checkpoint and we have a replacement super car waiting for you - rental fee included.
Standby emergency team with helicopter and learjet transportation.
High-end camera installation in your car, covering your entire drive from 3 angles, fully digital - without tapes. Nine month after the event you will receive a professionally edited 90 minutes film of your drive on DVD.
The Ultimate Rally GPS - GSM handheld tracking device. Required for all participants. This device will prevent cheating and provides all teams with real time route information simultaneously. It also allows you to contact our emergency team in case of accidents or other problems.
Wild Party: After the driving is over the 48 hour party begins.
All catering, drinks and great surprises are included.
You will stay at great comfortable 5 star deluxe hotels each night.
Six nights accommodation including breakfast.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
silversurfer1 - 1/11/2006 7:16 AM

matteus - 1/7/2006 1:46 PM

silversurfer, did you participate in the gumball rally?
Yes, I did...I participated in two Gumball rallies. One here in the US and one in Europe/Africa.
very nice!
If I may ask, what car did you drive here in europe?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts