Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1980 U1000 Turbo...
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we don't get anything compared to some of you guys, especially not here on the south coast of England, so when we do, we like the country to grind to a halt, skive off work, and get our motorised toys out!

Attachments

·
Registered
'79 Flat Bed 406
206 Posts
W0W, that's got to be news for your blokes on that side of the pond!

Next thing you'll be in the market for an S3 and a blade... :)

·
Registered
Unimog U1250
383 Posts
Looks nice! :)

Here in southern Finland we got about 20 inches of snow yesterday. Too bad my mog is not driveable yet. :(

·
Registered
85' U1300L Holset Turbo VA A/C, 66' Propane 404.1 rock mog, 1975 416 Doka, G500, Volvo C303
5,037 Posts
Wish we had that here in the lower rockies. We have been drier than a...... well you know what I was going to say.

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Wind is whipping and we got 3' on the ground since Sat. and we are to get another foot by tomorrow afternoon. Took the mog out today for the first time today. It didn't like the cold, as the air valve is frozen and finally melted and worked after about 10 miles of driving! Will have to add some alcohol to the system when it finally stops snowing.

·
Registered
U-406/416
688 Posts
Nice pictures, I like your setup.

We had -30 a few weeks ago thats pretty cold for BC this time a year, Not that much snow though about 1.5' in the lower elevations.

·
Registered
'78 Mog 416.141 DoKa
3,417 Posts
...very pretty 'bloke.

I just got back from near the south shore of Lake Superior. Lake effect snow 24 hours a day for the last 5 days - we were getting that much snow every 8 hours :)

·
Registered
U500 with Unicat camper
798 Posts
Just got back from 2 mos in Queensland with the U500, temps 20-35C. Very little rain considering that everything was blooming in the Outback; they've had a lot of rain the last year.
Planning to go back in Feb. from Alaska.

Charlie

·
Registered
Vehicle: 1397 Portative Organ Normally Aspirated....U411, U2450,463 300GD
1,501 Posts
It's winter here in Ontario, Canada and down by the lake in Toronto the snow has all but stayed away...loader, pusher blade and ballast all ready to go but all I needed was a bit of salt applied with the Holder tractor....some of the surrounding cities have been blasted by 20-30 cm and more of snow....but yes old man winter is here.
Do they use road salt in England? The other question would be do the coastal vehicles rust if not treated anyways because of salt air? Nice pics BTW...sure doesn't look like UK in those.

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
Last Friday morning in the Valley it was hovering around zero and by afternoon the winds hit and rose to 40 degrees. Saturday morning woke to ten inches of white stuff and I plowed at 5am, jumped a plane for Sitka were it has been in the upper 40's so far and they get at least 12 feet of rain a year.great sentence composition. Your rig is looking pretty capable for what the elements may deliver

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Lack of Pictures...Heres some pics from last week!

Was driving back to Eastern WA over Hwy2/Eastbound to Leavenworth/Wenatchee. Left Marysville and it was pouring/raining hard...and cold and in the back of my mind I thought...I wonder what it's like a little higher? Well realization quickly turned to reality as just outside of Goldbar...past Zeeks...the road turned white and started accumulated snow fast. It was snowing hard so I had to slow down to about 20miles an hour. Still 30 miles from the summitt.....It was 3:30am and we were just passing Skykomish...snowing harder and we were the only ones on the road besides the snow plow going in the opposite direction. Now we were down to 10...visibility was about 10-15'...infact looking out the side windows was way better....hmmm maybe we should turn around. It was almost a white out except no fog...I stopped a few times...and had to clean off the windshield wipers from ice buildup...then I saw the flashing light...hey there's the digital speedometer sign that changes speed when condition is good to bad...So I aimed for it....I kept aiming at the light as it was the only thing to see and then she said...hey that's not a light...That's a plow! HUH! Veered to the right and sure enough it was a big plow and I'm certain I would have lost that bout. Just about then an Excursion came behind us..so I followed him all the way up to the summitt...and just like that he was gone...I didn't have the guts to pass the 2 plows in my lane...I figured...well we got through the worst...snow fall was slowing so I followed them into Wenatchee/Plain Exit...and continued on...Here's some pics. Nothing better than being on the road alone...Amazing sites.

Attachments

·
Registered
Non MB 1975 Volvo C304, 1958 Kramer U540, 1959 unimog Westfalia 411
1,381 Posts
Nice pics I think thats referrd to a s severe clear in light aircraft flying.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts