Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK Moggers,

Our local tractor club, The North Worcestershire Vintage Tractor and Engine Club, is holding its annual Vintage Gathering at the premises of S E Davis & Son, Astwood Bank, near Redditch, Worcestershire over the weekend 11 - 12 June 2005. As usual, owners of interesting vehicles are welcome to exhibit at what is, essentially, a small and friendly tractor, traction engine and classic vehicle rally in a pleasant, open and elevated setting in rural Worcestershire. The site also hosts the S E Davis collection of plant and equipment: this is one of the best in the country, particularly if you're into Caterpillar and other crawlers.

Having spoken to the organizers, this year we've permission to hold an unofficial Unimog meet or 'Mogfest' as part of the rally. Put simply, the more Unimogs we can get together the better I see it as being. There's usually loads of space and I'm angling for allocation of one corner of the field where we can gather. Those who wish to stay for the whole weekend can also camp. If we have sufficient numbers we may be able to have a dedicated parade, otherwise I propose that the agri-spec vehicles mix in with what is usually a superb and impressive display of tractors, and any military mogs parade with the military vehicles.

What else we can get up to will be dependent upon numbers attending and the kind permission of the landowner. However, I will attempt to secure access to an off-road area where we can put our vehicles through their paces. If the schedule and movement restrictions allow, I also propose an evening 'Mogrun' around some of the small unclassified and unsurfaced lanes around the lovely village of Inkberrow, with a swim in a few fords and a stop at a pub thrown in for good measure.

If all this appeals then please e-mail me asap for an entry form, and then return it to me preferably before May 1st. There is no entry charge for exhibitors, and all event profits go to the Worcestershire Air Ambulance.

If you have any queries then please contact me, initially by e-mail [email protected]

Looking forward to meeting some of you in June.

Stuart

1 - 1 of 1 Posts