Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am organising a meet in UK for the forum members.
This meeting will take place on April 23rd at Castle Coombe Raceway (near Swindon, Wilts).
Car clubs can apply for a space in The Paddock, to park/display their cars, and I have managed to get a space for us !! but I need to let the circuit know how many vehicles will attend. If you would like to join in, please reply to this post or send me a PM.
I'll need to know your SLK type and year registered.
For more details about the Action Day and prices, please follow the link. Advance tickets can be purchased, it'll save you a couple of quid.

www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
It could be worth while posting this on the R171 forum as well - I know there are some who are interested in a UK meet!! [8D]

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
BlueBenz - 4/1/2005 10:20 AM

good thinking beverage !! I'll do that.
Are you coming ?
I'm off in Florence that weekend - blooming typical [:(]

But I have a vague recollection that you said in a previous post that there's another Castle Coombe track day in June/July - so if April's a success, I'll plan to be there for the June one!! [8D]

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think I'd rather be in Florence !!
There are another couple of Action Days over the summer, so we'll sort another one.

·
Registered
'99 230
17 Posts
I would like to be there, but there is nothing special about my SLK that makes it worth showing. Is that the main part of the day?
Also does it cost £40 to take your car on the track? I'm just having a little trouble getting my head round the pricing and what an 'Action Day' is.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What happens at the meeting

Hi TexasUK.
I wouldn't say that MY SLK is anything special to show. The main reason for getting the space on the showground is basically to use it as a meeting point, rather than trying to all meet in the bar etc !
At least on the showground you'll find the SLK owners easily. The idea of the event was really to meet the forum members, and this event seemed to be ideal, as there is also other things going on. I'm not taking my car on the track this time, so will only cost me a tenner max. There's other car clubs there, and the track sessions are quite good fun to watch. Gotta put up with a few naff cars and shed loads of Scoobies, but otherwsie its a good day out (in the sun) and chance to meet some of your fellow forum friends !

·
Registered
R171 SLK200 2005
475 Posts
BlueBenz - 4/1/2005 1:57 PM

Think I'd rather be in Florence !!
There are another couple of Action Days over the summer, so we'll sort another one.
I can't really complain!!! [;)]

Fingers crossed it all goes well!!! [8D]

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Storm !!
Shame you're no longer here.. it seems a few "newbies" from UK have joined the forum, and now theres a demand !!
I'm gonna wimp out of the track sessions on 23rd. have done CC a couple of times before, and have witnessed many accidents on the dreaded first corner !!

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last chance for a space

I will be sending the application form to the race circuit today (Tues) to reserve the spaces in the paddock area. Please let me know today by posting here, or PM, if you want to join us.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
BlueBenz - 4/4/2005 3:20 PM

Hi Storm !!
Shame you're no longer here.. it seems a few "newbies" from UK have joined the forum, and now theres a demand !!
I'm gonna wimp out of the track sessions on 23rd. have done CC a couple of times before, and have witnessed many accidents on the dreaded first corner !!
did you ever hear about the Ferrari with swiss plates on turn one? errr,... that was me in one of my brothers cars in the rain. (never again[B)])

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far, just 4 of us from the forum. A few of the guys are away that weekend. I'll have a few spare tickets, so maybe some "late-comers" will attend. It'll be a fun day out anyway, and the others said they would attend the next meeting. The first one is always the hardest !

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
Wish I could come, but it's a bit of a travel from Switzerland, and my birthday falls on that weekend, so gotta spend time with friends/family/GF, etc... :\

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That would be awesome if you came over Shini !! but i know its a long drive. There are more events in the summer, so maybe next time we can arrange in advance, and of course if u want to come over, there will be space at my house to stay.
und Herztlich Geburstag / Bon Anniversaire, for that weekend ! (not sure if you're in german or french speaking area)

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
French speaking [;)] (although I speak French too, I'm from Finland...)

Oh, and thanks for the offer [:)] Maybe next time in summer!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts