Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am organising a meet in UK for the forum members.
This meeting will take place on April 23rd at Castle Coombe Raceway (near Swindon, Wilts).
Car clubs can apply for a space in The Paddock, to park/display their cars, and I have managed to get a space for us !! but I need to let the circuit know how many vehicles will attend. If you would like to join in, please reply to this post or send me a PM.
I'll need to know your SLK type and year registered.
For more details about the Action Day and prices, please follow the link. Advance tickets can be purchased, it'll save you a couple of quid.

www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Track sesions are available! so not just sit & watch ! I believe the prices are on the website.
Entrance £10 on the day, 8 in advance.

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
Hello.

Yes I would be interested in attending. I will have my 05 SLK350 (Iridium) by then.

I have attended this track day for the past few years in various cars Cosworth's etc.

But I would advise against running your car on this track day as it does attract a lot of idiots, in less than desirable cars. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

But, I am thinking of doing a Castle Combe track day, they run some track days durring the week in the summer, much more sensible, and more track time, and a lot less boy racers!! lol.

anyway.count me in, just in a show and shine type way [:)]

Andy (Bristol)

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
BlueBenz - 3/31/2005 2:22 AM

I am organising a meet in UK for the forum members.
This meeting will take place on April 23rd at Castle Coombe Raceway (near Swindon, Wilts).
Car clubs can apply for a space in The Paddock, to park/display their cars, and I have managed to get a space for us !! but I need to let the circuit know how many vehicles will attend. If you would like to join in, please reply to this post or send me a PM.
I'll need to know your SLK type and year registered.
For more details about the Action Day and prices, please follow the link. Advance tickets can be purchased, it'll save you a couple of quid.

www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk
I hope you will post pictures of the meet. Haven't a clue where Castle Coombe is but it has a cool name.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Andy !
Thanx for your post, I;ll add you to the list for the showground display parking. I'm not gonna run my car on the track as you suggested, have done it before and agree there are too many idiots in crappy old cars. The main idea for getting a club stand is to act as a meeting point, rather than everyone parking in the car park and trying to meet in the bar !!
I'll be in touch when the passes arrive !

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last Chance for a space

I am going to send the form off today (Tuesday) to Castle Coombe. If you want to join the SLK meeting on 23rd, please let me know by posting here, or a PM, and I will add you to the list for a pass.

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
Hi everyone.

Dont forget this event everyone!!! This is a great day out!! and always lots of interesting cars in a serious boy racer type way [:)]

Weather forcast is starting to look a bit better so hopfully I will be taking my new SLK350, unforunatly my car is still sat in the dealer showroom, as I have not had time to pick it up since driving it back from Bremen 2 weeks ago.

But I dont want to collect it if its going to rain [:(] They have just given it a full showroom valet!! [:)]

See you there!!

Andy

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Full showroom valet!
I got a sad attempt at cleaning, the car went in dirty and came out dirty, and I also got a tank of petrol, though I had to push for it.
I Don't expect to visit that dealership again

·
Registered
05 SLK350
55 Posts
Oh No!! Its 23rd April....and its raining [:(]

Looks like the SLK will stay in the garage today, guess my Mercedes Vito van will get me to Castle Combe.

I envy you guys who live in sunny parts of the world!!

Regards

Andy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts