Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
I am after the UK headlights and speedometer for my left hand car. i need it urgently to pass the sva test

many thanks

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
You'll also need to change the rear fog lamp so the opposite side works. I just wired the blank up to the existing lamp, so in effect both work. That will get you thro the type approval and MOT.
Are you aware that the speedometer dial is in a complete unit, along with the revcounter etc.
Theres no need to replace the whole headlight assembly as far as i know, just replace the glass. I can check on my sva forms as I imported mine from Germany and went thro the same process.

·
Registered
SLK 230
1,007 Posts
cheaper than buying the complete cluster unit. Do you know how easy it is to take the glass cover off, then the needles etc.. looks tricky to me.
BTW, where did you find the dials, were there other colours available ??

·
Registered
01 SLK 320 MT6
4,477 Posts
BlueBenz - 5/11/2005 10:21 AM

cheaper than buying the complete cluster unit. Do you know how easy it is to take the glass cover off, then the needles etc.. looks tricky to me.
BTW, where did you find the dials, were there other colours available ??
May be you don't need to take needles off - possible that you can slide it over needles. But i haven't done it on Mercedes.

·
Registered
SLK 230
17 Posts
Maybe you might be able to help me...? I've got a bulb out that should be lighting my instrument panel. Has anyone got any tips on how to replace it? My local garage said that you have to remove the steering wheel and deactivate the airbags before you can remove the instrument cluster to replace the bulb. Can anyone confirm whether this is true?

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dials are from a guy flogging it on Ebay i think he has other colors BlueBenz.

Am collecting my ride on Friday, saw the roof working today, Men! it was like watching a sexy lady stripping and folding her thongs in her handbag!!! Whooooaa!

Cheers
M

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
You have to pull the needles off in order to change the gauge faces. I have done this a few times on my E-Class. I would be interested in different faces for my SLK. Is that ebay seller only in the UK?

·
Registered
1998 LHD SLK 200
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he can deliver anywhere in the world. follow this link

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZwheelwaxuk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts