Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few things that stand out from the normal Military equipment :

Intercom headsets, weapons racked and 'loaded' (w/ clear mags), LED lights on bumper, LED light on roof, Retro-fitted Projector headlamps,
2nd Snorkel on cowl air intake, marker lights on bumper ends- it is dressed up beyond the regular army kit.

The For sale listing noted it was "not available".

There could be two different trucks shown here, as the antenna mount, wheel covers, bumper (IR?) lamps, color on the headlight mounts look to be different, or it could easily be an evolution of the same vehicle.( same marker lamps on bumper ends, with one set back because of antenna , same stenciled markings on fender, same tube mounted horizontally to center of bumper, snorkels, armored windscreen, etc).

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but not so elusive anymore , I reckon.

A number of years ago, I tracked down a source in Germany through a friend there, and the price was out of line, $800-$900, I remember.

Recently Trev posted a link, and UnimogDonald.nl lists them for €289.26, which is much more reasonable.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
This UNIMOG shows up on the MEREX site- Price on Request, with trailer.

Same truck that has evolved ? (UHE Grill, graphics off of front fender, full width roof faring w' 3 LED lamps, Different seats, MG mount, roof mount A/C cylinder style unit, side marker lamps, cab ladder vs shovel , Camo canopy, Horizontal bumper tube has gone, etc.)

Snazzy console.

Or, a sister vehicle ? It's a nice U4000, in either case.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that they are the normal glass and the rear canopy makes them look like soft windows.

·
Registered
U1300L
52 Posts
I know I'm going to get a bunch of internet hate for saying this...

Its actually a U1300L. I've met the owner. Very cool guy. Lots of detail work on the truck. He is close to the Merex folks. He likes to "Fix" or Affix stuff to his truck.

The trailer and the G-wagen are his also I think. He has some replica/fake G36s and MG3s mounted to them. made from real deactivated stuff.

Anyone interested in shipping some the drivers side cabin air snorkels over? Group buy?

BTW. That truck is basically a prop truck. (Maybe "A good day to die hard"?) I was told it was used in a movie or two. The radios and stuff play recording of scanner feeds. Most of it is for looks, But it does present well. Note the blacked out edges on the windows. Gives it an armored tank-like feel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon Unlimited (Let the shame be upon me!)
3,735 Posts
Why would you get hate for it? It is like all things unimog, universal. This truck is now a universal war fighter, futuristic looks yup, brutish and butch yup, familiar yet different yup. There are people who spend a lot of money and time to give their vehicles the Jurassic Park treatment, far too many bad KITT clones etc.

If it makes him happy, great for him! To be honest, he's just being a reenactor for a war that hasn't happened yet, very expensive LARPing if you will.

·
Registered
1985 416 DOKA mid-mounted Rotzler winch, 1984 U1200AG
441 Posts
I just saw that truck at MEREX. It does look cool, I liked it but it is a Unimog so of course...

·
Registered
U1300L
52 Posts
Me And my posse I was traveling with all thought it was the best looking truck at the Unimog club show in Gaggenau last year. But we are partial to military vehicles.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's a nice U1300L...or possibly a Belgium U1350L, which MEREX had a number of.

The owner put a lot of work into it, and it looks great.

It is interesting that it sports U4000 door stickers, and was listed as such in a previous "not available" ad listing. In the MEREX listing, there is no mention at all of the actual model number, the build year, etc.

I did notice the non-UHN gauge cluster in the latest MEREX photos, as well as the gear shift lever, so the idea that it was an earlier UNIMOG was pretty obvious.

The latest UHE Grill doesn't go with the U4000 door graphics, which don't match up with what the truck actually is....but who cares ?

It is a nice package.

Finding out what it really is, is a plus, not a minus, I think. He has worked it over very well, and the effort shows.

I'd be happy with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1300L
52 Posts
Yup. three-piece axles versus two piece and the dashboard were at the giveaway that it was a BW 1300L

But I spoke to the man face-to-face and he is a huge enthusiast and has done a great job on the truck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts