Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why , but here you have it. It's not as if the original nose blocks the view.
Weight plate, projector lamps....new nose. Wipers moved to the top of the windshield.
Looks to be shop-built.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
The top hung wipers would make a lot of sense in a plowing application as the slop would always be moving away from the blades. Other than that the best I can think is a situation in which the nose is always in danger of getting bashed up and thus a trim and relativly easy to cobble nose might be of benefit. But it doesn't do much to help the already ugly duckling look of the UGN.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Impossible to know, but perhaps there is some sort of underhood accessory on the engine resulting in the need for the (slightly) larger hood?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Sort of like the look of the tray sides. I am contemplating a similar look for my replacement sides. Thinking about a steel frame so I can weld on the old hinges and catches. Fill the middle with extruded aluminum hollow rectangular sections. Will be cost effective.

·
Banned
1,826 Posts
I don't know why , but here you have it. It's not as if the original nose blocks the view.
Weight plate, projector lamps....new nose. Wipers moved to the top of the windshield.
Looks to be shop-built.
I agree with you Truktor, it sure looks shop built. The shop is MB's lm sure.
It most certainly looks like the 2014 model.

It appears that it stopped for fuel or such. Most likely was a test mule long time prior to production. Seems like when that happens, they want to go about their business relatively unnoticed. If this is or was the case, they picked the perfect colour to achieve that. That blue really doesn't do a thing to attract any attention.

It would be nice to know how many k's were driven in their testing and what they did in those k's. Obviously the differences are on the business end, what you cant see, like the standard transmission that comes with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts