Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '01 model with about 1100 miles. After 500 miles or so, I noticed a small thin film of oil on my garage floor. Had the car into the dealer today. They confirmed, after die tests, it was an oil leak emanating from the crankshaft seal. Perhaps this was just a fluke with my car but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar problem.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: I have an '01 model with about 1100 miles. After 500 miles or so, I noticed a small thin film of oil on my garage floor. Had the car into the dealer today. They confirmed, after die tests, it was an oil leak emanating from the crankshaft seal. Perhaps this was just a fluke with my car but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar problem.<p>I don't own a Merc yet but I can safely say that oil leaks<br>in brand new cars aren't out of the ordinary. Hate<br>to think that in such a nice expensive car, you shouldn't<br>have this problem but we are talking about a very<br>complicated machine with lots of moving parts and<br>seals. I'm sure they'll take care of it for you.<p>Good luck<br>2002 C32 on order

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Ugh! Oil leak... Passenger side Mirror

1,050 miles on mine. Haven't noticed any leaks however my passenger side mirror no longer pans down when the car is in reverse.<p>I didn't really like that feature anyway (what good is seeing the ground if you back into a car?!? which I almost did however, I'd still like it to WORK.<p>I didn't change any settings...perhaps it got reset somehow?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Your mirror adjustment has to be set to be adjusting the passenger side rear view. If you have it set to the driver side, the mirror will not adjust down.<p>Eric<p>: 1,050 miles on mine. Haven't noticed any leaks however my passenger side mirror no longer pans down when the car is in reverse.<p>I didn't really like that feature anyway (what good is seeing the ground if you back into a car?!? which I almost did however, I'd still like it to WORK.<p>I didn't change any settings...perhaps it got reset somehow?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clarification of Eric T's Post ...

-----<p>I think what Eric T. means, (and he is likely correct by the way) is that you have to have the right-side mirror selector-button depressed, and leave it depressed, in order for the right side mirror to automatically go down after shifting into reverse.<p>Try it.<p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

There must be a reset button because my mirror no longer works in rev. either. it has been so long since it has worked that i have forgotten about it.will find out from dealer and post the results.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try pushing down right-side mirror button on console

: 1,050 miles on mine. Haven't noticed any leaks however my passenger side mirror no longer pans down when the car is in reverse.<p>I didn't really like that feature anyway (what good is seeing the ground if you back into a car?!? which I almost did however, I'd still like it to WORK.<p>I didn't change any settings...perhaps it got reset somehow?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Eric,<br>I'm not talking about setting the mirror, I'm referring to the feature of the E55 when you place the transmission in Reverse, the passenger mirror is supposed to automatically pan down to give you a view of the curb.<p>I find the value of this questionable, since I'd rather be looking behind me for a vehicle than at the ground. I can guess where the curb is, but I can't guess where another vehicle might be.<p>Still it is a nifty feature and it gets an 'ooh' or an 'ahh' when someone else rides in the car for the first time! <p>I believe someone else said I have to have the button depressed for this to work. My recollection is that it was depressed and still didn't work. I'll retry tomorrow though.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passenger side mirror setting for reverse

Drew is right, you have the option of turning the feature on or off and it was not a malfunction.<p>Some like the mirror to show the curb when car is in reverse and some don't.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Passenger side Mirror fixed

Found out the culprit.<p>The passenger side adjuster button needs to be depressed in order for it to work.<p>Thanks for the tips.<p>Aaron<p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts