Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted this picture on this month's calendar pic, is this the lazy mans method? Or how is the top actually stored? (Obviously not a U900, but all I could find ATM)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I don't have a cab 406 but I assume my 421 is the same and I've never done it that way. I think you are right about the lazy way.

Another nice option is to roll up the back and remove the windows. Sun and rain shield but lots of breeze.

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,447 Posts
My manual claims that the top can be folded down and fit behind the seats. No matter how much I try and no matter how much I stare at it, the thing just won't fold that way. I fold mine up so it stores inside the bed, right against the front wall. It's fairly tightly packaged. I'll try and find a better picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
Unimog S 404.114
898 Posts
guude,

it is like with the 404, to store the canvas you have to put out the seats, most are too lazy to do so.

gut mog! justus.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Thanks guys.

Reason I was wondering, is, what if your box is a few inch's back...say....if you had duel rear werner drum winch's right behind the cab, probably not the best place to fold your canvas top up onto ;)

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
No stock place to store the windows I know of. You would have to fabricate something, which could be pretty easy, or leave them at home or in the tow vehicle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts