Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Might as well get the duel cyclone filters for up top as well. Though I like the looks of the regular topper

out here in BC, there is tons of brush and branches to navigat through so they would likely get lost withing a day. having two snorkels would make the brush guard much more symitric. so who's got a part number and price?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I see that all of you are outside of the United States - do you know if there is a reputable dealer in the USA for these? Also, do you have good sources for buying used?

·
Unimog Moderator
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
out here in BC, there is tons of brush and branches to navigat through so they would likely get lost withing a day. having two snorkels would make the brush guard much more symitric. so who's got a part number and price?
I looked lightly in the EPC but didn't spot anything, I'll do a better search tomorrow and see if I can come up with anything.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Also apparently 495/70R24 XM47s are optional on u5000s as well.

Charlie
i think you can order a new mog with what ever tire/wheel combo you like. even when you look at the technical manual from the mid 90's, all the tires and rims with description for the application are listed. back then 495/70/24 was not available though.:crybaby2:

·
Unimog Moderator
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think you can order a new mog with what ever tire/wheel combo you like. even when you look at the technical manual from the mid 90's, all the tires and rims with description for the application are listed. back then 495/70/24 was not available though.:crybaby2:
Mid-90's? Must have been an option in '96, cause I'm sure that's what this guy is running.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Some years ago, pre UGN, I had a picture of a SBU with dual intakes. I did some research on it and found that it was a custom job and not offered by Merc.

This is likely something similar. But if someone finds out otherwise please share. It would be an easy way to get cleaner air into the cabin.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Mid-90's? Must have been an option in '96, cause I'm sure that's what this guy is running.

thats pure awsomeness. the guy with 2450 6x6 Doka gets my vote for president. :D

i think these are the 445/70/20.

btw i was wrong. the 495's were available in xm47. i was probably thinking of the Dunlop SPT9 and PG 70 wich only go up as big as 455/70/20

·
Unimog Moderator
13,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can't find anything in the EPC, that's not to say its not in there, but I certainly can't seem to find it.

Could also be a photoshop job. My father used to work in the newspaper industry, it was amazing what the artists would/could come up with for an ad or article, some stuff just wasn't right, but as long as it looked good...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts