Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for those words, Truktor. Statistically it should have been the windscreen seal, and I'll get to it one day. :cool:

After a few days of true British autumn rain and diligent checks, the floor is dry. The Silent Coat is now fully down, we started fitting the AV floor mats yesterday. Didn't manage all of them as they need a bit more trimming, partially due to the thickness of the Silent Coat (Dynamat copy) and partially because of me being a bit anally retentive over things like this. :ROFLMAO:
For the doors (and ceiling) we've ordered and received vinyl, new bolts (lovely stainless steel wide Torx head ones), polyethene sheet, butyl strip, spray glue, just need to buy some waterproof plywood and then we can make new door cards. The ceiling is still untouched as of now, but it'll receive a similar treatment.

I'm taking pictures and video, so I'm happy to share it all on here once it's done, and I'm honoured if it goes in your extensive pile of filed photos, Truktor.

I'm attaching a few teasers though. ;)

IMG_0376.jpeg

Test fitting the AV rubber mats.

That's it for now. So much more to do.

:cool:(y)(y)

·
Registered
9,543 Posts
Yes, that is looking very nice.

Those new AV mats look great, and look to be a step up from their previous versions.

Now you have a place to put your left foot without it cascading down the wheel well slope,

Consider your photos filed.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Cracked? That’s no bueno. Mine are shipping any day now, hopefully I don’t have any cracking issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cracked? That’s no bueno. Mine are shipping any day now, hopefully I don’t have any cracking issues.
I really don't want to give them a bad reputation, but I don't think it's a secret that they had quality issues with the previous supplier of the rubber mats. Our passenger side (RHS) mat had some voids in the casting (is it casting when dealing with rubber?!), so I suspect that this one was a bit less than perfect. However, we have moved it about and we have stored it - according to how it came packaged to us. As you can see in the pic, the crack started at the outside, front passenger seat hole.
But kudos where kudos belong; when we contacted them to enquire about what to do they immediately offered a replacement. We are very pleased with their service.
I just need to wait for the rain to stop now so I can fit it and then the floor is pretty much done (doors, ceiling and fitting Land Rover Discovery seats next). As soon as one part is done, I'll do my best to post some pics and explanations to help and hopefully inspire future cab enhancements.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts