Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My name is Graeme and I am new here and new to Unimogs. We are currently beginning a build on a 1990 U1300L for some clients that are going around the world, they are starting by heading south to Tierra Del Fuego next next summer, then hoping to ship abroad from there. Figured this would be a good place to post about the build, and maybe ask for help on Mog specific questions if the need arises.

Here is a picture of the truck, taken by Andrew at Rogue Overland.

The mog was imported from Europe about a year ago, and the couple camped in the stock radio box until they realized that some added space and reduced weight would be worth the effort. It was then sent to Rob Pickering at TerryLee enterprises to be gone through. Rob did the typical upgrades, and the truck was then driven up to us to begin the cabin build, which we are anticipating will take us until about February to complete.

This is a quick sketch of what we are building for the mog, it will be about an 11.5' cabin with a forward bed, L-shaped couch/dinette and a rear kitchen/storage module. The design is optimized for durability and drive-ability, so the interior on this build will be more utilitarian than glamping.

A quick background on us, our company is called AeroContinental and we build aluminum aircraft style cabins that are optimized for true expedition travel. The structures are primarily stressed skin 6061 and are completely riveted construction. Here is a photo of one of our prototypes to get an idea of what we do...

I will try to update this thread weekly, and I hope that it's of interest to you guys!

Best,

-graeme

·
Registered
1987 U1300L
20 Posts
The aircraft grade aluminum is a very cool material. Do you mind sharing an approximate finished weight and price for the box?

·
Registered
Looking for information on Unimogs for now
2 Posts
I'm new to Unimog too.

So I'm interested in your Unimog camper project.

I'd have just one question : will there be any shower and toilets in your camper?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts