Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
VW Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase an American C300 with a navigation. The American C300 has an US/Canada maps. I believe the American Navi is region 1 locked. I would like to install the Germany maps on the navigation so I can use it in Germany. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
The DVD region codes are not related to Navigation disks. Don't know if a US C300 would accept the Euro Navi DVD (to load to the HD).

Someone from the US who has had a Euro delivery car could help, but probably not particularly for a W204.

·
Registered
VW Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the dealer and asked for this. All American models have US/Canada maps....even if they are delivered in Germany. The dealer had a previous customer bring in his car to test this and somehow, the technician was able to install the German maps. The dealer quoted me an 80Euro price. Then I returned to the dealer a couple weeks later. He then said Mercedes got involved and said I have to purchase the car with Navi and then pay an additional 2850 euro to have a German Navi installed. I dont want to pay 2800 more euro for a Navi. There are many German navi's on ebay for much less. I dont want to buy the car and then later discover this does not work.

·
Registered
RHD C200K Sport Coupe, RHD SLK-55, LHD SLK-350
451 Posts
I went to the dealer and asked for this. All American models have US/Canada maps....even if they are delivered in Germany. The dealer had a previous customer bring in his car to test this and somehow, the technician was able to install the German maps. The dealer quoted me an 80Euro price. Then I returned to the dealer a couple weeks later. He then said Mercedes got involved and said I have to purchase the car with Navi and then pay an additional 2850 euro to have a German Navi installed. I dont want to pay 2800 more euro for a Navi. There are many German navi's on ebay for much less. I dont want to buy the car and then later discover this does not work.
It's possible to "hack" a euro comand to run US maps, so I suspect the reverse should be possible as well, but have not actually seen it done (seems like everyone wants a euro command....)

I'd never say buy a new comand - find someone in the US and sell yours, buy a used euro off ebay.....

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,425 Posts
I thought someone have a Euro delivery car had European maps installed initially, while driving in Europe and the US maps were of course installed before the car was delivered in the US. I don't even remember which car model this could have been. Some cars definitely have a different Comand unit and maps then (likely) are not compatible but this would not have to be the case for all.

The W204 Comand seems to come with option code 512 both for Europe and the US (and Canada). But the US/Canadian options have the US/Canadian additional codes 494 or 460. I believe the W211 at least had a different option code for US versus Euro Comand.

·
Registered
VW Jetta
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The US models are made in Stuttgart but shipped directly to the USA and are made for US roads. They dont load the Europe maps in them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts