Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am to return by May from deployment and my C230 sport sat in the garage without moving. Is there anything I should do like get an oil change and refill the tires with nitrogen?
Also it is 07 but I got keyed right before I left and it is bad near the gas tank. Since the car is only 1 year old do I still have to wait until the paint cures.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Call you insurance company first, have them look at it, you may need several thousand dollars worth of work to paint the car. Next, the fuel in your tank, you did put a fuel stabilizer like Stabil, no? If not, after a few months the gasoline goes bad because of the oxgynates used to reduce smog. The car will run on it but it will gum up your injectors. Best to drain it and fill it up with fresh fuel. The synthetic oil is probably fine, you can change it if you want to. The tires probably has a flat spot, you may want to overfill it and drive around to round them out and then reduve the pressure to normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow didn't think it would cost in the amount that high but hell my insurance is low, thank goodness for a excellent driving record. How would I drain the gas and what if I filled the tank up, would that make a difference? I will bring the car to the dealer in Arlington to get a look over. Thanks for the advice Buell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts