Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Mercedes family and wanted to know what is the american 06 CDI called. I see people refering to their CDI's as W211 and W212. What is my O6 E320 CDI (U.S specs) called? Thanks, is there any communities out there who would invite me? Cheers!

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Has anyone used or heard of RaceChip? They claim to have a plug-in Chip for the common-rail Diesel engine: here is a quote I fund on the link below:

"The principle is simple: Every diesel common-rail vehicle disposes of a so-called common-rail sensor. There is a connection assembly at this sensor where the RaceChip can be simply connected. RaceChip Chiptuning with its digital functionality changes in on-line time the engine management system (up to 25.000 times per second the engine characteristics are optimized). In this way there will be a articulate noticeable increased efficiency."
http://www.racechip.de/Chip-or-Box-15i.html?xPrioS=k1evp5gijbmnfccqq2v4se2a22

·
Registered
95SS(165k) 06CDI(SOLD) 2014 GLK250
396 Posts
your 2006 E320 CDI is known in the USA as the 2006 E320 CDI

and that racechip thing your talking about is similar to other plug in ECU upgrades produced by many companies

what it basically does is trick your sensors so that it boosts fuel pressure and turbo boost pressure, straining some critical things like your fuel pump, turbo all plubing etc

kleeman, brabus, bully dog etc all make them as well

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks BlackOpalCDI, so it sounds like the chip might cause the fuel pump, turbo and plubing to wear out quicker. Do you have any experience with any of these chips? Have you ever installed on your Opel? Thanks

·
Registered
95SS(165k) 06CDI(SOLD) 2014 GLK250
396 Posts
i really have only seen others use them

most love them to be honest, but i know the fuel system is not a cheap item to start replacing parts in

so its a use at your own risk kind of deal it could last forever it could blow something tomorrow

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,842 Posts
The last E class has W211 body, while the earlier was W210
W212 is different class. Look at the forum main menu where those things are listed.
I6 cdi offers acceleration of V8 gasser. Why somebody wants to chip it, risking the engine premature problems instead of buying a Porsche?
Than most of those chips are illegal. At least in California.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts