Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C 240
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have my 99 SLK 230 since september last year and have been very happy with it so far. Great car.
I have two little problems and I'd highly appreciate your help.

1. Does anybody know what part is missing from the front bumper? Pls. see the attached picture. I would like to order it from the internet if possible. If not, I'll take it from the dealer. Any mounting tips? I have no idea what to do and I really don't like the way the car looks.
2. I have a burnt bulb from the low beam headlight. I looked into the manual and came to the point when I had the bulb and the socket out. Call me stupid, but I had no clue how to detach the socket from the bulb and I didn't want to use force and damage anything. Can you pls explain in a few words how to do it?

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestion you might have.

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
just the grille missing I am replacing my stock front mesh with metal mesh from homedepot want mine?

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
14,926 Posts
There is a plastic bar that fits over the square mounts....

The bar goes from one end to the other in the lower grill opening. It only pops into place, and is held onto the car by two small plastic tie wraps.
The bar is held onto the mounts with tension, and not much else. The dealer should have them.

·
Registered
C 240
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deathy,

Thank you so much for the offer. I shall send you a pm. (Gotta figure out how to do it firstly) :) From the exploded view of the bumper that I got from the dealer, I think I need both, the mesh and the bar.

Bruce,
Your advice has been really helpful. It helped me tell the guy from "parts" exactly what I needed. The bar is ordered now and will arrive tomorrow.

I also bought the bulb for the low beam and now I think I know what I have to do.

Thanks a bunch and I'll have a drink to you tonight. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts